NSCA Recognizes Industry Movers & ShakersNews and information from NSCA for July 2011. 7/05/2011 11:31 AM Eastern
NSCA Recognizes Industry Movers & Shakers
Jul 5, 2011 3:31 PM
The National Systems Contractors Association recognized individuals who have had a significant influence on the industry and/or the association during InfoComm 2011. NSCA honored more than 20 recipients of its first Movers & Shakers Awards, one NSCA University Educator of the Year, and five Instructors of the Year, as well as the Lifetime Achievement Award winner at a variety of NSCA events during the show.
New this year, NSCA recognized individuals who were nominated by their industry peers as up-and-coming leaders, innovators and skilled professionals within the industry. These technicians, marketing professionals, CEOs, and other individuals were acknowledged during the NSCA Member Appreciation Reception, a huge block party on Thursday, June 16, in the NSCA booth. Recipients included:
- Scot Birdsall, Compview
- Pat & Brenda Brown, Syn-Aud-Con
- Leo Bull, Haivision
- Melody Craigmyle, Almo Professional AV
- Max Curry, Infinity Sound, Ltd.
- Thomas DePace, Advance Sound Company
- Matt Emerson, CEAVCO
- Kourtney Govro, All Systems Designed Solutions, Inc.
- Alan Geer, Audio Geer
- Tim Habedank, Parsons Electric, LLC
- Lynn Harrach, AVI-SPL
- Don Kreski, Kreski Marketing Consultants, Inc.
- Michael Kudrak, C&R Audio Visual
- Dawn Meade, PIVOD Technologies
- Dan Newman, United Visual, Inc.
- Jay Paul, AVI-SPL
- Brian Richards, Serban Sound & Communications
- Tim Schaeffer, Listen Technologies
- Josh Shanahan, Sportview Technologies, Inc.
- Eric Snider, Conference Technologies
- Sandi Stambaugh, Synnex Professional Systems
- Jeff Stoebner, AVI Systems, Inc.
- Don Wilson, WAVE
During the Annual Member Meeting, NSCA recognized Steve Lampen of Belden as the 2010 Educator of the Year. Lampen was the most highly rated instructor of NSCA University at InfoComm 2010. Each college within NSCA University also designated an individual Instructor of the Year for 2010:
- Max Curry of Infinity Sound, Ltd. for the College of Project Management
- Bob Coffeen of The University of Kansas for the College of System Design
- Marc Forman of Alarm Electronics & Communications for the College of System Sales
- Bill Whitlock of Jensen Transformers for the College of Technical Knowledge
- Brian Zaremba of cTEc for the College of Business
The 2011 NSCA Lifetime Achievement Award recipient was presented posthumously to Randy Vaughan of AE Systems. His son, Tyler, accepted the award on behalf of Randy’s family. Vaughan was a charter member of NSCA, and served on the NSCA Board of Directors from 1997-2008, including a two-year term as president beginning in 2005. Additionally, he served as an instructor for NSCA University for more than 12 years, and was named its Educator of the Year in 2007. He also served as chairman of the NSCA Education Committee for a number of years. His greatest accomplishments for NSCA include the creation of NSCA University and the Business & Leadership Conference, and his role as a subject matter expert and content developer for the industry. In addition to the Lifetime Achievement Award, the NSCA Education Foundation has also named a scholarship in his memory for first-time attendees of the NSCA Business & Leadership Conference.
“The association is thrilled to honor these individuals who are leading the way as our industry continues to expand into new markets and technologies,” said Chuck Wilson, NSCA executive director.
InfoComm 2011 was a great time for NSCA. Here's a few pictures of the events and people that were a part of this great conference.