NEC Display Solutions Introduces New Professional Display Series3/17/2006 6:27 AM Eastern
NEC Display Solutions Introduces New Professional Display Series
Mar 17, 2006 11:27 AM
New 19-, 20- and 21-Inch NEC MultiSync 90-Series LCD Monitors Deliver High-End Performance to Professional Markets
CHICAGO – March 7, 2006 – NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading stand-alone provider of flat panel desktop and large-screen displays, today announced its new series of professional LCD monitors – the NEC MultiSync 90-series. Designed to deliver technology-leading screen performance to image-critical markets, the new NEC MultiSync 90-series, which will replace the award-winning MultiSync 80-series, contains over 25 new or improved features that produce crisper, clearer images; enable better control and connectivity; increase energy efficiency; and provide greater adjustment versatility.
Poised to address the demanding and varying needs of professional end-users from photographers and graphic designers to engineers and radiologists, the new NEC MultiSync 90-series offers desktop displays using the most advanced technologies available, including in-plane switching (IPS) and vertical alignment (VA) LCD module technology:
• IPS-based modules, arguably the highest performing LCD technology available on the market, deliver unparalleled color reproduction and brightness uniformity by minimizing off-angle color shift and by producing clearer black tones in dark-colored images
• VA-based modules offer excellent image quality, high contrast ratios and fast response times in a cost effective solution
The new MultiSync 90-series “i” models, which use IPS-based modules, address the color critical needs of markets such as medical imaging, graphic illustration and photography. Carrying a standard four-year warranty, among the highest and most comprehensive in the industry, the MultiSync 90-series “i” models include the 19-inch MultiSync LCD1990SXi, the 20-inch (20.1 viewable) MultiSync LCD2090UXi and the 21-inch (21.3 viewable) MultiSync LCD2190UXi monitors.
The new MultiSync 90-series “p” models, utilizing VA-based modules, are well-suited to meet the needs of CAD/CAM and other users who demand high resolutions, precise images, adjustment flexibility and advanced features but may not have a need for exacting color reproduction. The MultiSync 90-series “p” models will include the 19-inch MultiSync LCD1990SXp and the 21-inch MultiSync LCD2190UXp monitors, which will carry a standard three-year warranty.
Designed for professionals who rely on image excellence, all of the new NEC MultiSync Professional 90-series displays feature a 12-bit Look-Up Table (LUT) for unparalleled color breadth and depth, ColorComp for improved color, brightness and grayscale uniformity, and an ergonomically advanced cabinet design with ultra thin bezels, pivot capability and a 150mm height adjustable stand for unsurpassed flexibility.
“NEC has a history of developing displays with leading-edge technology,” said Ray Froude, Senior Product Specialist, NEC Display Solutions of America. “By involving end-users such as illustrators, animators, and radiologists in our development process, the new MultiSync Professional 90-series not only raises the performance bar in these image-critical markets, it also delivers the features and improvements these professionals demand.”
In addition to new image-improvement features, the NEC MultiSync Professional 90-series also contains Eco-related features such as AmbiBright and Eco-mode that will manually or automatically adjust the display’s brightness relative to the ambient lighting. These features provide optimal power management for greater energy efficiency and longer product life.
The new “i” series NEC Professional 90-Series features include:
• Standard four-year limited warranty • SpectraViewII, which delivers an advanced and easy-to-use calibration and profiling solution for color-critical applications
The new “p” series NEC Professional 90-Series features include:
• Standard three-year limited warranty
All NEC Professional 90-series models include:
• AmbiBright – By automatically adjusting the display’s brightness for varying ambient lighting, AmbiBright produces optimal brightness for optimal viewing enjoyment and energy conservation • Ambix3® - Dual-input technology, which allows up to 3 inputs: VGA, DVI-D & DVI-I to be connected to a single display • Overdrive – Improves gray-to-gray response time • Black Level Adjustment – Allows for black levels of the LCD to more closely resemble the levels of a CRT • 12-bit LUT allows more levels of shading between black and white • ColorComp –compensates for slight variations in the white and color uniformity level of the display for greater image accuracy • GammaComp - allows for preset or customized gamma curves to be displayed • Digital CableComp – Longer DVI-D cables of up to 30 meters, in addition to analog cable runs of up to 100 meters, can be utilized for greater location flexibility • GammaComp MD Supported – DICOM compliant for medical applications • RoHS & WEEE Compliant – The Professional series complies with these e-waste standards, ensuring easier, more environmentally friendly product transitions • Eco-Mode – Users can dim the back light by using setting presets to as much as 75% for power conservation, enabling greater product life • Ultra-Thin Bezel – A bezel width of just 12 mm on some models makes the 90-series ideal for multiple monitor configurations, including PACS or tiling installations • Easy-to-use Multi-Directional Controls – Horizontal and Vertical control buttons allow easier on-screen management in either landscape or portrait modes • OSD Lockout – All functions, including power, can be locked out at the display for greater setting security • Increase Height Adjustment – With a range of 150mm, the Professional series can be easily raised to the needs of any user • Quick-release stand for easy mounting on third party arms or wall mounts
The new NEC MultiSync Professional 90-series LCD products are RoHS (Restriction on Hazardous Substances) compliant, containing fully disposable plastics and are free of hazardous materials such as lead, hex-chrome, cadmium, mercury, PBDE and PBB.
The NEC MultiSync LCD1990SXi and MultiSync LCD2090UXi monitors are available for immediate shipment. The MultiSync LCD2190UXi is scheduled for a mid-April delivery. The MultiSync LCD1990SXp and MultiSync LCD2190UXp will be available for spring 2006 delivery.