Pop Quiz: Test Your Knowledge Of Audio Test Signals2/01/2005 5:41 AM Eastern
Pop Quiz: Test Your Knowledge Of Audio Test Signals
TRUE OR FALSE
- If the steady-state test signal you hear sounds like it has more high frequencies than low frequencies, you're probably hearing pink noise.
- When white noise is measured on an RTA, the response will be flat.
- A sine wave tone is best for identifying loudspeaker mechanical problems.
- Sine wave tones, sweeps, pink noise, and white noise are the only audio test signals you should ever use in sound system equalization or room response measurements.
- Most audio engineers prefer to use pink noise as a test signal in equalization procedures because the voices embedded in white noise are distracting and seem too scary.