Business Skills Give Integrators the AdvantageIt’s not too late. You can still register for a variety of educational sessions offered through NSCA University during InfoComm 2012. 5/16/2012 7:30 AM Eastern
Business Skills Give Integrators the Advantage
May 16, 2012 11:30 AM
It’s not too late. You can still register for a variety of educational sessions offered through NSCA University during InfoComm 2012. You may understand technology, but do you understand business skills to help grow your company? Run efficient business practices? Keep your numbers straight? Ensure your projects are completed on time? Register today for a line-up of courses focused on improving your business skills from the day-to-day practices to the annual tasks you need to enforce.
- Day-to-day issues such as working with spreadsheets, effectively communicating and using new technology are topics covered in classes such as:
- 10 Ways to Work Smart (Not Hard) in Microsoft Outlook 2007 (2010 version also available)
- Excel 2007 & 2010 Power Tools: Let Your Data Do the Talking!
- What’s Trending Now: Privacy and Social Media in the Workplace
Adapting Your Business to be IT Relevant
Focus on the necessary skills to help system integrators improve efficiencies to improve the bottom line through these courses:
- Building Information Modeling: Risks & Rewards
- Project Management for Senior Managers
- Increasing Profitability through Project Management
- Selling to the CIO
- Managing Scope Creep
- Teaching Your Staff to Think Like an Owner
Understanding the day-to-day operations of a small or large business can provide protection for both your employees and your business assets. NSCA understands the significant impact that policies, regulations and HR practices have on your ability to do what you enjoy – installing systems through these sessions:
- The Legally Savvy Subcontractor: Beneath the Surface of Subcontracts
- 10 Biggest Payroll Mistakes – How to Avoid them and Make Life Easier
- Understanding the Legal Implications of Shop Drawings and Other Submittals
- Staying on Target: How to Safely Screen Job Applicants
- Current Regulations and Their Impact on Your Business: Are You in Compliance?
- Construction Law and Risk Management