CHANHASSEN, Minn. and PARIS — Jan. 5, 2017 — The BIG Corp (Baker International Group), a leading global, full-service sales rep firm, has announced that one of its BIG brands, Zappiti, the award-winning world leader in 4K media players and movie management devices, has launched a new 4K high dynamic range (HDR) media player family. The lineup includes three new models: the Zappiti Mini 4K HDR, a compact set-top box; Zappiti One 4K HDR, a media player equipped with a hot swap internal SATA HDD 3.5-inch rack; and Zappiti Duo 4K HDR, the world’s first 4K HDR media player equipped with a hot swap internal SATA HDD 3.5-inch dual rack, enabling a huge capacity up to 32 TB.
Supporting almost all video and audio formats, codecs, and file containers, including HDMI 2.0, Ultra HD 4K, HDR, HEVC, and 4K60p, the Zappiti 4K HDR media player range sets an entirely new standard. The top class Zappiti Duo 4K HDR is equipped with an internal 3.5-inch SATA HDD bay with hot swap function for a total capacity of up to 32 TB and offers powerful Wi-Fi 5G and Ethernet gigabit network capability. The Zappiti 4K HDR media players offer 1 billion colors (10-bit color encoding) ISO Blu-ray, M2TS, MKV 4K, MVC 3D with 3D subtitles, home theater audio (including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X), and high-resolution lossless audio files up to 32-bit/192 kHz. This new player range is also compatible with Zappiti Media Center v4, providing the best possible home theater experience.
“Today’s consumers expect a high-quality viewing experience on their premium Ultra HD televisions. The challenge for service providers is finding a media player capable of delivering this type of experience, affordably,” said Pete Baker, global representative for Zappiti. “The new Zappiti 4K HDR series offers robust performance with crisp picture quality, delivering four times the resolution of full HD and high dynamic range, without any noise it’s totally fan-less. Through the integrated Zappiti Media Center app, the Zappiti 4K HDR series elevates the movie and TV show viewing experience to a whole new level. Zappiti provides a stunning GUI, based on movie cover art navigation, to ensure the best possible user experience.”
* HDR: Displays HDR video content, while also providing increased dynamic range on HDR displays (TV/projector).
* 10-bit: Powerful 10-bit YUV hardware decoding for professional-quality video display. 10-bit encoding makes it possible to benefit from increased nuances (1.06 billion colors instead of 16 million in 8-bit).
* HEVC/VP9: The Zappiti 4K HDR supports H.265/HEVC up to 4K video. HEVC is the successor to H.264, with up to 50 percent file size savings. It also supports VP9, the new open and royalty-free video coding format developed by Google.
* Rec. 2020: A wider color space for more saturated and richer colors.
* 4K 50/60p: Displays 4K 50p or 60p video content in 3840 x 2160p at 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
* Real Cinema: Auto framerate detection 24/50/60p (compatible with both 24.000 Hz/23.976 Hz video output).
* 3D video support: Displays 3D BD ISO movies files in true full HD quality when linked up to any 3D-enabled TV or front projector for enhanced depth and improved on-screen image detail (two times better resolution than 3D side-by-side or top-bottom) with 3D subtitle support. Many 3D settings are available including: 3D image depth, 3D subtitle depth, 3D interface depth, manual reversal of left-right images.
* Backlit RC: Controls the Zappiti 4K HDR media player with the IR remote control (accessory included). Also, controls the player using a wireless mouse or keyboard (not supplied). In addition, the Zappiti 4K HDR can be controlled by the leading brands of universal remote controls such as ProControl, RTI, Control4 or Logitech Harmony.
* Zappiti Share: Video file sharing stored on the internal (or external) hard drives with other Zappiti media players (including older generation). With “Zappiti Share,” users benefit from a true multiroom video system and playback of up to four files at the same time, in different rooms, in Blu-ray quality.
Zappiti Media Center V4 Friendly:
* Zappiti Media Center Interface: Enables users to browse movies and TV show collections with cover art and media information: subtitles, actors, directors, release dates, etc. Zappiti features an automatic category index of movies and TV shows directly on the player, without requiring a computer.
* Zappiti Search: Provides easy access to movies and TV shows, thanks to Zappiti’s powerful search engine combined with smart filters (actor, director, length, rating, release date, etc.).
* Zappiti Stand-Alone: Allows users to add, edit, or delete movie covers directly on the Zappiti player via the remote control (no PC required). Users can update posters, edit the synopsis, change the associated category, etc.
* Zappiti Collections: Enables users to create and manage one collection by each family member or one collection by HDD and switch easily from one collection to another.
* Parental Control: With the parental control feature, users can designate movies as “children’s” and block access to other movies with a PIN code. Thus, children can safely access only their movies. In addition, the child mode provides direct access to movies without the synopsis for greater ease of use.
* Movie Sagas: The saga films are automatically placed in groups and sorted by release date. A saga cover dedicated to the collection is associated with the group and movies are displayed in a stunning carousel with 3D motion effects.
* Automatic Seen Status: Films and episodes are automatically marked as “Seen” or “Ongoing” status.
* Zappiti Trailers: Makes it easy to watch movie trailers.
* Zappiti Sub: Thanks to Zappiti Sub, users can easily download subtitles for movies and TV show episodes directly from the media player.
* Zappiti Sync: Thanks to Zappiti Sync, movie collections are automatically synchronized with other Zappiti players (multiroom) and any Mac(R) and PC computers.
The new Zappiti 4K HDR media player range is available for pre-order at the Zappiti Store
(store.zappiti.com) before its official global release mid-January 2017.
More information on the new Zappiti 4K HDR media player range is available at http://zappiti.com/general.html.
For review unit requests, please email the press contacts listed below.
# # #
About Zappiti (Archisoft Group)
Based in France, Zappiti is a worldwide leader in 4K media players and media center solutions. Zappiti designs and manufactures only professional grade Video Management Systems; delivering the highest quality, outstanding performance, and best possible user experience. All Zappiti products are designed to provide our end-user customers with convenient and intuitive access to their entire movie library collection, in stunning 4K, High Definition resolution. The award winning Zappiti devices are being successfully used to improve the movie watching experience, in residential and commercial environments all over the globe.
About The BIG Corp – Baker International Group
BIG is a full-service sales and marketing representative and consulting firm dedicated to providing unmatched brand development and global expansion support to our customers in the consumer electronics industry. The company’s goal is simple: deliver exceptional value by exceeding our clients’ expectations in every regard. BIG was founded by Pete Baker, a dynamic global sales and marketing professional with over 25 years of experience successfully maximizing product sales and driving revenue growth in the custom electronics industry.
Follow The BIG Corp
Zappiti Mini 4K HDR: $249 (U.S., tax not included).
Zappiti One 4K HDR: $299 (U.S., tax not included).
Zappiti Duo 4K HDR: $399 (U.S., tax not included).
Zappiti Mini 4K HDR: 249¬ (tax included).
Zappiti One 4K HDR: 299¬ (tax included).
Zappiti Duo 4K HDR: 399¬ (tax included).
High Resolution Pictures:
Press Kit: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lox6o8nnafq4fat/AAB5ZTd8gKennC9Ns0LJTr91a?dl=0
All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.