The Home Automation & Networking Association announced an invitation for entries for its 2002 “Mark of Excellence” Awards. The awards, which recognize the best industry innovators and are judged by industry experts, will be presented at the spring Electronic House Expo 2002 (March 6-9, 2002 in Orlando, Florida).
The awards in the 2002 Supplier Categories include: Home Networking/Residential Gateway- New Construction; Home Networking/Residential Gateway – Retrofit/”No New Wires”; Installation Tool; Enabling Technology; Home Control & Networking Software; “Whole-House” Automation Systems; and “Sub-System” Automation Systems (i.e., security, lighting, HVAC, A/V, etc.).
Awards in the 2002 Customer Service Categories are for: Dealer/Installer Support Program (Marketing or Technical); and Builder/Developer/Consumer Support Program (Marketing).Dealer Categories are:2002 Installation Categories for general single family residential installations, entries are divided into the following three categories based on total installation cost:
1) Classic Home System (Entry level)
2) Luxury Home System (mid-range)
3) Estate Home System (Unlimited)
And multifamily and special purpose installations can be entered in the following categories:
4) Multifamily Dwelling/Student Housing
6) Specialty Dwelling (Vacation, Disabled, Boat, Bus, etc.)
7) Best Show Home / Demonstration Home
In the 2002 Operations Category, HANA presents:
1) Dealer of the Year According to HANA, “This award is presented to the company that upholds the highest standards in our industry. The award is presented to the company that represents a well developed business plan, shows exceptional quality in their professional installation, and is an example of leadership within their community and their industry.”
Judging for the awards is based on product uniqueness, reliability, functionality, competitive comparison, installation design parameters and goals, installation process and customer response. The entry deadline is November 30, 2001. For more information, contact HANA through their Web site: www.hanaonline.org, or by phone at 202/712-9050 or fax 202/216-9646.