Home Theater Audio Boot Camp debuts at CEDIA Expo
Apr 12, 2006 11:33 AM
Industry veteran, Joel Rosenblatt, has created and will be presenting an exciting day-long Home Theater Audio Boot Camp at the upcoming CEDIA Expo in Denver (Expo Education available September 12 – 17, 2006).
The Boot Camp will be offered twice, Tuesday, September 12 and Sunday, September 17. This comprehensive presentation will cover a wide range of audio fundamentals designed to ensure optimum system design, installationand setup.
“I know there are many ‘old timers’ out there who can be considered home theater audio experts”, says Rosenblatt. “But I also know there are hundreds, if not thousands of people currently designing and installing home theaters who, shall we say, are less than experts at what they’re doing.
“In my years of travel around the country, presenting on audio related topics, I’ve found a general and widespread lack of understanding in regards to home theater audio. This Boot Camp will provide knowledge-hungry attendees just about everything they need to know in order to properly design, install, and optimize a high quality home theater audio system.”
The workshop will include both lectures and select hands-on segments. Topics covered will include (but not be limited to):
- Home theater goals – from both a purist and consumer point of view
- Audio component performance basics – including how different types of speakers work within the system
- Speaker/room interactions – including issues of listener positioning and speaker placement
- Basic room acoustics – including subwoofer placement and room treatment recommendations
- System design and component matching – including amplifier power ratings and concerns
- A complete, understandable explanation of the currently available residential surround sound formats – including the latest from Dolby Labs and DTS
- A complete system setup overview including level matching and time/distance setup
- How to present a home theater demo that sells – including source selection and what to say
- An overview of system EQ and how to use it effectively.
Attending this workshop will provide a strong foundation for anyone who sells, designs, installs and sets up home theater systems. So if you’re man (or woman) enough to admit you may be less than a “Home Theater Audio God”, sign up for the Home Theater Audio Boot Camp at Expo and bring yourself up a few notches. The Boot Camp is a full 8-hour presentation. Cost per attendee is $549 and attendance is limited to 75 students per session.
For more information, email Joel Rosenblatt.