Sonic Foundry Launches Mediasite.Com
Dec 7, 2005 2:40 PM
Sonic Foundry, a leader in automated rich media communications technology, has announced the launch of Mediasite.com, the first searchable website focused exclusively on offering expert information in full rich media video, audio, and graphics. Unlike simple text-based blogs or audio-only podcasts, Mediasite.com offers a glimpse into the future of web communications—a future where thousands of recorded presentations by experts of all kinds are captured, archived, and made publicly available, all from one centralized location. The content is easily accessible through any web browser, without the need for downloads or plug-ins.
Mediasite.com aggregates almost 7,000 publicly available expert presentations on topics ranging from the treatment of contagious diseases and general health-related issues to robotics, business start-ups, sociology, ethics, financial advice, personal improvement, and career advancement. Every day, universities, businesses, and government agencies are creating and archiving presentations using Sonic Foundry's rich media recording technology, Mediasite. Thousands of hours of high-quality content are then viewed around the world for both public and internal consumption. Mediasite capture technology represents a major breakthrough in learning and knowledge, allowing organizations of all kinds and sizes to quickly capture experts sharing information on a wide variety of both technical and general-interest topics.
"Since we launched the Mediasite rich media communications technology just three years ago, customers around the world have been capturing thousands of hours of presentations for corporate, education, government, and public information use," says Rimas Buinevicius, chairman and CEO of Sonic Foundry. "Mediasite.com is the first step in bringing all of the publicly available presentations to the public through a single aggregated, searchable source."
Mediasite.com offers presentations by national leaders including Jack Welch, Jeffrey Immelt, Michael Dell, Tom Ridge, Tommy Thompson, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, John Kerry, and Scott McNealy.
Other examples of the rich media presentations now available on Mediasite.com include:
- Outbreak: AIDS, Bird Flu, and Biological Warfare, by Dr. Dennis Maki
- Alberto Alessi, the Godfather of Italian Design, by Alberto Alessi
- How Games are Reshaping Business and Learning, by Dr. James Paul Gee, Dr. Kurt Squire, and Constance Steinkuehler
- The Public Health Consequences of Disasters: Challenges of Public Health Action, by Dr. Eric Noji, Medical Epidemiologist, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Washington, D.C.
- METS Perforum—How to engage employees in embracing change
- "The Shifting Sands" Simulation, by Michael A. Lair
- Looking Forward: Computing and Communications in the 21st Century, by Dr. Larry Landweber
- Coulee Crossing Bridge Project, by Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- Caring for Others; Building Relationships by Lance Colkmire, Middle School Pastor, South Cleveland, TN Church of God.
With the launch of Mediasite.com, Sonic Foundry's solutions now encompass the entire rich media supply chain, from the recording, publishing, and enterprise management of content to complete hosting services and global aggregation through a searchable portal. "The introduction of Mediasite.com gives us the ability to connect people to the information they need that is humanized and delivered by leading experts in the field," says Buinevicius. "While all of this content already exists 'out there' on the Web, for the first time it's now available through the single click of a button. I invite other members of our Mediasite community to submit their presentations and share their knowledge with the world."
For more information, visit www.sonicfoundry.com.