Sonic Foundry Seeks Entries for Annual Rich Media Impact Awards
Mar 2, 2006 12:38 PM
Sonic Foundry announced that it is now accepting nominations at www.sonicfoundry.com/awards for its annual Rich Media Impact Awards program. The awards recognize excellence in the practical and creative integration of webcasting technology in business, education, health, and government. Winners of the awards demonstrate how rich media has transformed their organizations through measurable improvements in accessibility, cost savings, efficiency, and productivity.
Sonic Foundry’s Mediasite solution empowers customers to quickly and cost-effectively create and deliver web presentations that include fully integrated audio, video, and presentation graphics with the ease of a few mouse clicks. Organizations and individuals throughout the world are able to mediasite their presentations, lectures, meetings, and events to create a rich end-user experience that surpasses conventional webcasting.
Eligible projects must have been completed between Jan. 1, 2005 and Dec. 31, 2005. Award categories are as follows:
- Enterprise Award: Recognizes a company who improved its business outcomes through rich media communication.
- Government Award: Recognizes a local, state or federal government initiative that implemented rich media for training and outreach.
- Global Reach Award: Recognizes any successful initiative that reached the international community through rich media.
- Facility Design Award: Recognizes a professional AV design or consulting firm that created innovative rich media rooms and facilities.
- Excellence in Distance Education Award: Recognizes a higher education institution that transformed its distance education program with rich media.
- Scholastic Achievement Award: Recognizes a school district or other organization serving the K-12 educational community that harnessed the power of rich media to improve communication, learning and outreach.
- Healthcare Award: Recognizes an organization that implemented rich media to benefit health and wellness.
- Rapid ROI Award: Recognizes an organization that used rich media to quickly achieve a measurable ROI in its training, communications or outreach initiatives.
To nominate an award-worthy project or organization, complete the application form at www.sonicfoundry.com/awards. Organizations may self-nominate.
The deadline for entry is April 14, 2006. Sonic Foundry will announce the winners at a special awards luncheon during InfoComm 2006, Thursday, June 8 in Orlando, Fla. Sonic Foundry will notify finalists by May 1, 2006. Finalists will be asked to provide high-resolution images of their organization or facility as well as a logo.
For more information about the Rich Media Impact Awards program, visit www.sonicfoundry.com/awards.