Omnitron Launches Managed Edge Chassis with Redundant Power and PoE
Jul 26, 2006 4:21 PM
Omnitron Systems Technology, a provider of fiber-optic access systems for next-generation Ethernet networks, has announced the release of the iConverter one-module redundant-power chassis. The new small-form-factor chassis features a flexible and managed power-sourcing scheme based on Power over Ethernet (PoE) support.
The iConverter is an ideal solution for mission-critical enterprise and metro Ethernet fiber deployments requiring managed media conversion in locations lacking ready access to power sources. The power features enable easy installation and ongoing management in even the most challenging locations.
Power sourcing and configuration features of the new iConverter Chassis include:
- Integrated PoE Powered Device (PD) support via a 10/100 UTP connector for powering from an upstream Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) switch or a Midspan Power Source (MPS)
- Redundant DC or DC/PoE power configuration support
- Two integrated UTP 10/100 ports, plus port options from the installed Omnitron iConverter module
- Optional 9V-18V DC terminal or barrel connectors and 48V DC terminal connectors
- Contact closure alarm sensors for UPS connectivity and remote management of power conditions
For more information, visit www.omnitron-systems.com.