— These mics’ ultra-compact design enables extra-inconspicuous tabletop, ceiling and wall mounting for conferencing, recording, monitoring and other demanding sound pickup applications —
Stow, OH — Audio-Technica, a leading innovator in transducer technology for over 50 years, has introduced two new miniature, space-saving boundary microphones: the ES945O/TB3 omnidirectional condenser boundary microphone and the ES947C/TB3 cardioid condenser boundary microphone. Like their larger counterparts (ES945O/XLR and ES947C/XLR, also recently introduced), these mics are suitable for conferencing, recording, monitoring and other demanding sound pickup applications, but the ultra-compact design enables highly inconspicuous tabletop, ceiling and wall mounting.
The omnidirectional ES945O/TB3 and cardioid ES947C/TB3 are great choices for installations with limited space or where a very clean, inconspicuous look is desired. These mics give users the same clear, highly intelligible audio of their larger siblings, mounting unobtrusively in a variety of tight spaces and protected by a rugged all-metal case with a two-layer steel mesh grille. The microphones’ polar patterns afford a 360° (ES945O/TB3) and 120° (ES947C/TB3) pickup angle, respectively, while A-T’s proprietary UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology provides outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI).
The ES945O/TB3 and ES947C/TB3 are equipped with a self-contained power module with a TB3M (mini-XLR) output connector, eliminating the need for an external power module. They also come with a TA3F-to-XLR cable, allowing for installation with standard XLR inputs. The microphones are available in black (ES945O/TB3 and ES947C/TB3) and white (ES945WO/TB3 and ES947WC/TB3), and come with a pair of rubber isolators for mechanical isolation from the mounting surface.
ES945O/TB3 and ES947C/TB3 features:
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as conferencing, recording, monitoring and other demanding sound pickup applications
- Low-profile element provides uniform polar patterns affords a 360° (ES945O/TB3 omnidirectional) and 120° (ES947C/TB3 cardioid) pickup angle, respectively
- Miniature, space-saving design enables highly inconspicuous tabletop, ceiling and wall mounting
- Self-contained power module with TB3M (mini-XLR) output connector
- Includes a TA3F-to-XLR cable for use with standard XLR inputs
- Rugged all-metal case with a two-layer steel mesh grille
- Rubber Isolators provide mechanical dampening of mounting-surface vibration
- Requires 11V to 52V DC phantom power
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Available in two colors: black (ES945O/TB3 and ES947C/TB3) and white (ES945WO/TB3 and ES947WC/TB3)
- RoHS compliant—free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances
Audio-Technica’s new ES945O/TB3 and ES947C/TB3 are now available with U.S. MSRP pricing as follows:
ES945O/TB3 (black) or ES945WO/TB3 (white): $249.00
For more information, please visit www.audio-technica.com.