The video walls are a crucial part of the Expo 2020 Dubai Operations Centre, showcasing data that is crucial for the EOC team to be able to make decisions in response to ongoing events across the Expo site. Christie’s contribution to this crucial part of our technology infrastructure is part of a wider partnership that includes the group’s 252 high-quality RGB laser projectors bringing Al Wasl dome – the beating heart of the Expo site and home to the world’s largest 360-degree projection surface – to life.”
The Christie Boxers are running in Ultra High Definition widescreen (16:9) mode and each video wall can be split into different combinations of separate smaller screens including 2×2 and 3×3. The Christie Terra processing equipment includes over 100 transmitters and receivers, as well as five controllers managing the different layouts. This set up ensures seamless switching between the multiple layouts and simple and intuitive connection to the myriad sources. The combination of projection and Christie Terra as a single platform for signal distribution, video processing and remote control has provided Expo 2020 with the huge, high-resolution digital canvases needed, while keeping costs within budget.
Christie Professional Services is on hand to support the Expo Operations Centre with around the clock technical support and service response through Christie’s own Network Operations Center. Christie’s Middle East service center and valued system integration partners will also play a pivotal role in supporting the EOC. A dedicated team of highly-skilled Christie service engineers will be onsite to provide prompt emergency repair and resolution, ensuring Expo’s display solutions continue to work flawlessly through the duration of mega-event and beyond.
“As our Official Projection and Display Partner, Christie is able to meet the specifications and stringent selection criteria that we have set to ensure the highest possible standards for our events, shows and other key audio-visual experiences.” –Mohammed Alhashmi, Chief Technology Officer, Expo 2020 Dubai
About Expo 2020 Dubai
From 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022, Expo 2020 Dubai will welcome visitors from every corner of the globe to join the making of a new world, as it brings together the planet in one place to reimagine tomorrow.
- With the purpose of ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’, Expo 2020 will be the world’s most impactful global incubator for new ideas, catalysing an exchange of new perspectives and inspiring action to deliver real-life solutions to real-world challenge
- Expo 2020 will be the biggest cultural gathering in the world, presenting a visually striking and emotionally inspiring 182 days, as more than 200 participants – including nations, multilateral organisations, businesses, and educational institutions, as well as millions of visitors – create the largest and most diverse World Expo ever
- Expo 2020’s subthemes of Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability will inspire visitors to preserve and protect our planet, explore new frontiers and build a better future for everyone
- For six months, Expo 2020 will be a must-visit family destination, with thousands of events, amazing exploratory experiences, and free entry for children up to age 18
- Expo is committed to building a more equitable and just world for everyone, while keeping visitors safe by following the latest guidance of the world’s leading medical, science and health experts
- Expo 2020 is the first World Expo to take place in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region, located on a 4.38 sq km site adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai South
- Built with a meaningful and measurable long-term legacy in mind, the Expo site will transform into District 2020 – a model global community that will rethink the cities of the future – after Expo 2020 closes its doors