MELVILLE, N.Y., November 13, 2018 – Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced two new Canon Native 4K Laser LCOS Projectors - the REALiS 4K6020Z and 4K5020Z.
Compact and lightweight, both new projectors measure 18.8in (W) x 7.1in (H) x 21.4in (D) and weigh a mere 41.8 pounds, making both units the world’s smallest and lightest projectors in their class at less than half the weight of competing Native 4K laser projectors.
In addition, both projectors offer peace of mind with an impressive Five-Year (or 12,000 Hours) Laser Limited Warranty.
Canon is also adding to the company’s lineup of RS projector lenses with the introduction of the RS-SL07RST 4K Standard Zoom Lens. The RS-SL07RST projector lens is the seventh in the lineup and features Canon’s trademark red line around the barrel of the lens, signifying the highest level of Canon optical engineering and quality. All seven RS projector lenses are compatible with the two new projectors.
New Canon projectors and lenses
“As the demand for 4K projection continues to grow, Canon understands that we need to offer customers a variety of options that best suit each individual installation,” said Kazuto Ogawa, president and chief operating officer, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “Not all 4K is created equal, which is why Canon is so excited that both new models feature true Native 4K resolution producing outstanding image quality with robust colors and high contrast.”
The new 4K6020Z and 4K5020Z Native 4K Laser LCOS Projectors are ideal for a variety of applications, including art galleries, museums, schools and medical institutions. They are also suitable for product design and simulation use where both high-quality imaging and accurate color reproduction are a must. Both projectors feature LCOS panels and Canon’s proprietary AISYS optical system that helps to deliver 6000 and 5000 lumens respectively. This technology, when combined with true Native 4K (4096x2160) resolution, helps both projectors to produce a cleaner and more robust image with virtually no grid lines.
The laser-light source for both projectors can achieve up to 20,000 hours of operation in typical use or up to 40,000 hours when in Long Duration Mode 2. The laser-light source allows the projectors to start up in as little as two seconds while in Fast Boot mode, as compared to conventional lamp projectors that may require additional time to light up and stabilize brightness. In addition, users are able to create presets to be set-up to their specific preferences and needs.
The HDR technology of both projectors increases the dynamic range ability, expanding not only the color-gamut range but also the overall brightness, resulting in a more realistic and lifelike image. Additionally, the projectors support HDR10 and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG), which produce broadcast-quality HDR images. HLG is becoming widely popular in broadcast industry use.
- Compatible with seven optional genuine Canon interchangeable lenses for a wide variety of applications
- High dynamic contrast of up to 22,000:1 in the 4K6020Z and 20,000:1 in the 4K5020Z is achieved by the combination of a powerful image engine that analyzes the contrast of each frame and a double-door type shutter system which allows the iris to operate fast -- tracking scenes instantly and reducing light leaks.
- Covers 99.9 percent of the sRGB color space
- Supports HDMI, HDBaseT, Wi-Fi technology and other various interfaces
- Compatible with Canon Service Tool for PJ App
- Six preset Image modes provide different variations of color reproduction characteristic suitable for the type and projection environment, includes DICOM Simulation mode and additional five customizable modes that can be stored
Canon RS-SL07RST 4K Projector Lens
The new RS-SL07RST 4K Standard Zoom Lens features the distinguished red line around the barrel, indicating the highest level of Canon design and superb image quality. The lens can project images up to 600 inches and can even project onto curved surfaces; maintaining focus in the center of the image when peripheral focus has been adjusted.
- Unique Marginal Focus feature which allows incremental focus adjustment on peripheral areas of image, designed for concave and convex surfaces
- Substantial lens shift of vertical ±73 percent and horizontal ±11 percent
- Powered lens shift, zoom and focus
- Equipped with a UD lens to help reduce color shift and bleeding
- Minimal luminance difference from wide to tele position as F value exhibits minor change from 2.1 to 2.4
- Deep focal length of 22.67mm up to 37.79mm
- Large zoom ratio of 1.76x
- Weighing in at 4.1 pounds, the easy-to-install lens can be conveniently secured in place or quickly taken out to be replaced with only one touch, using the spigot-type lever
Pricing and Availability
The Canon 4K6020Z, 4K5020Z Native 4K Laser projectors and RL-SL07RST Standard Zoom Lens are all scheduled to be available in late November 2018 for a suggested retail price of $45,799.00, $43,499.00 and $8,000.00 respectively*. For more information, please visit usa.canon.com/projectors.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2017† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2018. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact .
 For native 4K laser model from 5000lm/6000lm class as of November 13, 2018.
 As of November 13, 2018.
 View the full warranty terms and conditions by visiting projectors.usa.canon.com/pdf/warranty/Canon_Laser_Projector_Limited_Warranty.pdf
 The lifetime is only an approximation of time until the brightness decreases to half. May differ depending on the usage environment and other conditions.
 Fast Boot function must be set to ON. Fast Boot function remains active up to 90 minutes from projector OFF
 These projectors include a DICOM Simulation Mode. It has not been cleared or approved for medical diagnosis and should not be used for these purposes.
* Availability, prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.