LONG BEACH, Calif. – Oct. 22, 2019 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today announced it is now shipping its new large-venue laser projector with 20,000 lumens. The Epson Pro L20000UNL is expanding Epson’s already impressive large venue Pro L laser projector lineup. The Pro L20000UNL delivers premium projection with enhanced installation tools in a compact form factor. The new projector features interchangeable interface boards; a sealed light engine and optical unit for the most demanding environments; powerful software for simple multi-projector setup; and compatibility with Epson’s current lens family to allow easy integration with existing lens fleets.
“Epson prides itself on being innovative and we are thrilled to incorporate the latest advancements to our Pro L large-venue laser projector lineup,” said Ramzi Shakra, product manager, large venue projectors. “Our customers are using projection technology in unique and demanding applications. We have incorporated their feedback and raised the bar in terms of image quality and high brightness with thoughtful features that simplify installations and enhance reliability. Examples of this, include a mechanical shutter and automated multi-projector tiling assist powered by our unique built-in cameras.”
The large-venue Pro L20000UNL laser projector features full HD WUXGA resolution and up to 20,000 lumens of white and color brightness2 to deliver remarkable images. In addition, the new projector incorporates a laser light engine and electrostatic air filter to provide virtually maintenance-free operation for up to 20,000 hours.3 The new projector comes equipped with frame interpolation for fast-moving images, along with a wide lens shift and support for a range of optional lenses (sold separately), including a zero-offset ultra short-throw lens. The new projector also features a robust stainless-steel frame body structure for added durability.
The new projector is also available in white – the Pro L20002UNL – and combines advanced projection tools and flexible installation features to deliver reliable, premium projection that blends discreetly into virtually any environment where powerful displays are required. Additional features include:
- Ultra-bright, vivid color – Offers up to 20,000 lumens of equal color and white brightness2 and advanced 3-chip, 3LCD technology for the most vivid images imaginable
- Exceptional widescreen display – Full HD WUXGA (1920 x 1200) resolution and accepts 4K content and provides 2.3 million pixels on screen
- Solid-state laser light source – For up to 20,000 hours of virtually maintenance-free operation3
- Wide range of optional lenses – Compatible with Epson’s current lens family, including a zero-offset ultra short-throw lens (sold separately)
- Advanced connectivity – Two interchangeable interface boards accommodate a wide range of inputs for connectivity needs today and tomorrow
- Designed for demanding environments – Features a sealed light engine and optical unit for outstanding durability for live events and fixed installations
- Dynamic projection capabilities – Equipped with advanced tools like automated tiling assist, Edge Blending and auto-color adjustment for fast installation, plus free software for multi-projector setup
- Bold, vibrant images – Supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) via HDR10 (PQ) and Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) with a BT.709 color space
- Mechanical shutter – Protects against damage from external laser light
Availability and Support
The Epson Pro L20000UNL and Pro L20002UNL projectors are available now through authorized resellers. The laser projectors come with a limited warranty of three years or 20,000 hours, whichever comes first. For additional information, visit https//Epson.com/large-venues.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to becoming indispensable to society by connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. The company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics, and is underpinned by original microdevices. Epson is proud of its contributions to realizing a sustainable society and its ongoing efforts to realizing the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the worldwide Epson Group generates annual sales of more than U.S. $10 billion.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).