New Adapter and Hub Enable Users to Keep Standard Accessories Up and Running, While Expanding Connectivity Options
San Mateo, CA, December 15, 2015 – Kensington®, a worldwide leader in delivering smart. safe. simple.™ desktop and mobile computing accessories, today introduced two products that address the growing availability of computing devices with the new USB-C ports: The Kensington CA1000 USB-C to USB-A Adapter, and Kensington CH1000 USB-C 4-Port Hub. With these products, users can keep their standard USB accessories up and running, while expanding the connectivity options of devices with the new USB-C ports.
The new USB Type-C ports can perform multiple functions with just one cable, from charging devices to transferring data at high speeds, syncing photos and music, and output 4K video. Kensington has produced the CA1000 USB-C to USB-A Adapter and CH1000 USB-C 4-Port Hub to allow users to easily integrate a USB-C device with their current accessories that have standard USB 3.0 and 2.0 cables and ports, without having to purchase new peripheral accessories.
CA1000 USB-C to USB-A Adapter — (K33992WW; SRP: $12.99)
With the first wave of USB-C products entering the market, the CA1000 USB-C to USB-A Adapter allows users to connect a USB-C device to a keyboard, mouse, hard drive or other peripheral accessory that has a standard USB-A port. The adapter has a reversible connector and supports charging up to 3.0 AMPs. Data can be transferred up to 5 Gbps, and with Plug & Play installation, connectivity is quick and easy.
Key features of the CA1000 USB-C to USB-A Adapter include:
- USB-C Reversible Connector - Users can insert the connector into the USB-C port in either direction since there is no up or down orientation, relieving the frustration often associated with standard USB ports.
- Supports Up to 3A Charging - Depending on the host device, the battery on a USB-C smartphone or tablet will charge up in the process with the available power up to 3.0 AMPs.
- SuperSpeed Data Transfer - Using USB 3.1 Gen 1 technology, the adapter supports transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. It also allows for faster syncing of photos and music.
- Plug & Play - The adapter can simply be plugged into the device and it is automatically ready to go without the need for an additional power source or driver downloads.
- Premium Construction - Halogen-free material provides better prevention of overheating and is environmentally friendly, while the metal-injection molded connector is stronger to avoid accidental bending.
CH1000 USB-C 4-Port Hub — (K33995WW; SRP: $39.99)
The CH1000 USB-C 4-Port Hub offers a simple, easy way to expand the connectivity of USB-C devices. Peripherals such as a mouse, keyboard or flash drive can be connected using the three USB-A ports, while the single USB-C port allows connection with a smartphone or tablet that features the new style of port. The hub offers USB 3.1 Gen 1 technology, supporting data transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps. With Plug & Play installation, accessories will be up and running quickly, and the compact design makes it easy to pack up and take on the road.
Key features of the CH1000 USB-C 4-Port Hub include:
- 3 USB-A Ports - Expand a device’s productivity capabilities by plugging traditional USB peripherals such as a mouse, keyboard or flash drive into any of these ports.
- 1 USB-C Port - Provides a port to plug in a USB-C accessory like a smartphone or tablet, allowing users to make the most of limited port availability on a host device.
- SuperSpeed Data Transfer - Using USB 3.1 Gen 1 technology, the hub supports transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
- Plug & Play Operation - The expansion hub simply plugs into a device and it’s automatically ready to go with no need for an additional power source or driver downloads.
- Compact Design - The small footprint makes it highly portable so users can easily pack it up and take it with them wherever they go.
“Kensington works hard to stay up to date with the newest trends in technology connectivity, as demonstrated with the introduction of the CA1000 USB-C to USB-A Adapter and CH1000 USB-C 4-Port Hub we are announcing today,” said Anita Chang, global product manager, Kensington. “As devices only continue to get thinner and lighter, USB-C is expected to become the standard port and we are working on several more accessories to help ease the transition for users as they try to integrate their old USB-A accessories with new Type-C host devices.”
The CA1000 USB-C to USB-A Adapter and CH1000 USB-C 4-Port Hub are available soon on Kensington.com.
Digital images are available for download at: https://www.flickr.com/gp/48490242@N04/3gC226
Follow Kensington on:
Kensington, a leader in smart. safe. simple.™ desktop and mobile computing accessories is the recognized industry standard trusted by enterprises around the world. Kensington's mobile security product offerings include laptop and mobile security locks providing a new generation of front-line protection for mobile devices. In addition, Kensington offers accessories including power adapters, chargers, mice, keyboards, trackballs, universal docking stations, desktop accessories, carrying cases and iPad/iPhone/iPod accessories. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington is the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), a world leader in branded office products, with products marketed in more than 100 countries across the globe. For more information, visit www.kensington.com or call Kensington toll-free at 1-800-235-6708.
Kensington is a registered trademark of ACCO Brands. smart. safe. simple. is trademark of ACCO Brands. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2015 Kensington Computer Products Group, a division of ACCO Brands. All rights reserved.