New Cabinet Offers Professional-Level Storage, Power & Security for Multiple Mobile Devices, Making It Ideal for Classrooms, Healthcare Offices and Retail/Hospitality Businesses
San Mateo, CA – May 31, 2016 – Kensington®, a worldwide leader of desktop computing and mobility solutions for IT, business and home office professionals, today introduced its AC12 Security Charging Cabinet for Chromebooks & Tablets. The new cabinet was designed to secure, power and store multiple devices at once, with features that make it flexible and easy to use in different environments.
With more tablets, Chromebooks™, and 2-in-1 hybrids being deployed in classrooms, healthcare offices and retail or hospitality businesses, the need for a solution that can store, charge and secure those devices overnight is greater than ever. The AC12 Security Charging Cabinet features slide-out drawers that provide an easier check-in/check-out experience for mobile device users and administrators. The cabinet holds 12 devices measuring up to 14”, and with the cabinet running on AC power, it can safely charge all 12 devices simultaneously.
AC12 Security Charging Cabinet — (SKU: K64415; SRP: $699.99)
Features of the new cabinet include:
- Ample Storage & AC Power: Cabinet holds up to 12 devices where they can be securely stored for charging up to 90 watts each. Rugged dividers with convenient cable routing help manage cord clutter.
- Tamper-Resistant Door: Complete with a genuine Kensington lock, the front door swings wide for easy access to the cabinet interior.
- Universal Device Design: The cabinet accommodates a wide variety of devices up to 14 inches, including the Chromebook™, Surface™/Surface Pro, MacBook Air®, iPad®, Galaxy® Tab, laptops and more.
- Sliding Drawers: Each drawer partially slides out so users can easily place their device into the cabinet.
- Pre-Installed Free-Spinning Wheels: The cabinet can be rolled in any direction and rotates 360 degrees, making it extremely easy to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Dual Wheel Locks: Locking foot pedals on the two front wheels can be engaged with a simple push downward to severely limit movement. Lift the pedals to unlock, and the wheels once again move freely.
The Kensington AC12 Security Charging Cabinet will be available mid July 2016.
Images are available at: https://www.flickr.com/gp/48490242@N04/2uY5ny
View a video of the cabinet: AC12 Security Charging Cabinet Video.
Follow Kensington on:
Kensington, a leader of desktop computing and mobility solutions for IT, business and home office professionals, is recognized around the world for its wide range of offerings that maximize productivity, improve performance and enhance security. For nearly 35 years, Kensington has offered proven, trusted solutions that protect assets and information with its industry standard family of locks, security slots and cabinets and keying options. In addition, Kensington enables users to work more productively with a comprehensive product lineup designed for office, home desk, and on-the-go environments that includes our award-winning presenters, trackballs, keyboards, universal docking stations, ergonomic accessories and wireless chargers. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington is the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), a world leader in branded office products, with products marketed in more than 100 countries across the globe. For more information, visit http://www.kensington.com/ or call Kensington toll-free at 1-800-235-6708.
Kensington is a registered trademark of ACCO Brands. All other registered and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2016 Kensington Computer Products Group, a division of ACCO Brands. All rights reserved.