LAS VEGAS, Nev., Mar 28, 2018 – Leyard and Planar, global leaders in visualization products, today introduced the Planar VM Series, a new family of extreme and ultra-narrow bezel, high brightness LCD video wall displays. The Planar VM Series is the newest addition to the companies’ extensive line-up of tiled LCD video wall solutions and will be on display at Digital Signage Expo 2018 (DSE) in the Leyard and Planar Booth #2333.
The Planar VM Series is available in 55-inch displays with an extreme-narrow tiled bezel width of 1.8 millimeters (mm) or ultra-narrow tiled bezel width of 3.5 mm for near seamless video walls with 4K at 60Hz connectivity and loop through. The extreme narrow bezel option is available in either 700- or 500-nit brightness.
“The Planar VM Series combines state-of-the-art video wall capabilities with a simple and affordable all-in-one design,” said Steve Seminario, vice president of product marketing at Leyard and Planar. “We are thrilled to bring this new offering to our market-leading video wall line-up.”
Designed for Affordable, High-Impact Video Wall Displays
Leyard and Planar developed the Planar VM Series as a feature-rich, LCD video wall solution option for customers who want the advantages of a high-impact LCD video wall at a budget-friendly price point.
The Planar VM Series features:
· Enhanced brightness of up to 700 nits, producing vibrant images and messaging even in high ambient light conditions. It uses in-plane switching (IPS) panel technology for excellent off-axis viewing and exceptional contrast ratio.
· Tiled bezel widths as small as 1.8 mm or 3.5 mm between adjacent LCD displays offer a nearly seamless video wall solution.
· Fan-less design that can be configured in video wall arrays in landscape or portrait orientation.
· Standard built-in video wall scaling for arrays up to 10x10, mullion compensation, configuration presets and HDCP 2.2 loop through content protection.
· Support for the latest 4K input connectivity standards, including both HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2 and OPS, the Open Pluggable Specification for add-in connectivity, compute and play-back devices.
About Leyard and Planar, A Leyard Company
Leyard is a global leader in the design, production, distribution and service of digital displays, video walls and visualization products worldwide. The Leyard Group of companies and brands, which includes Planar Systems acquired in 2015, is comprised of displays, entertainment and lighting system solutions. Leyard is the number one market share leader in the LED display market and fine pitch LED and offers indoor, outdoor, fixed and creative displays (Futuresource 2017). Used in applications such as broadcast, sports arenas, stadiums, advertisement networks, retail digital signage, control rooms, exhibitions, large scale events and digital cultural experiences, Leyard enjoys marquee installations globally and has over 300 patents in display technology. Founded in 1995, the group is headquartered in Beijing, China, and is traded on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange (stock code: 300296). Forbes magazine (2013) named Leyard among “China’s Top 100 Most Potential Listed Companies.” For more information, visit www.leyard.com.