MONTREAL, Quebec — May 18, 2021 — Matrox® Video is pleased to announce Global View, a new Matrox PowerWall™ software feature to simplify video wall designs with its Matrox QuadHead2Go multi-monitor controller product line. With Global View, the upgraded PowerWall software provides system integrators and AV professionals with an intuitive interface to intelligently manage multiple QuadHead2Go devices within a video wall ecosystem. The ability to configure multiple QuadHead2Go devices simultaneously facilitates rapid deployment of large-scale rectangular and artistic video walls for a wide range of mission-critical and digital signage applications.
PowerWall software now features a simpler, more intuitive approach over its predecessor by offering access and visibility to all QuadHead2Go appliances and cards on a single canvas. Global View mode enables users to quickly manage QuadHead2Go devices and their connected monitors to test, simulate, and visualize and pixel- and bezel-accurate video wall configurations before deployment.
Global View’s key features and benefits:
- Physical view: Configure multiple QuadHead2Go units, their connected displays, and the physical dimensions of a video wall to see an accurate preview of a video wall installation.
- Source view: Manage the settings and placement of an individual QuadHead2Go within the source content.
- Source media visualization: Change the source image that represents the source content being fed to the QuadHead2Go.
- Monitor management: Select from a pre-defined list of monitor brands and models to automatically calculate information such as required scaling and bezel values.
- Export specifications: Ensure accurate, streamlined setups by printing designs to provide AV installers with each monitor’s specifications and precise placement on the video wall.
- Bezel Management: Manage bezel values across multiple QuadHead2Go units for displays in both rectangular and artistic configurations.
“Global View offers a significant enhancement to the Matrox QuadHead2Go experience,” said Fadhl Al-Bayaty, business development manager at Matrox Video. “As our customers continue to create, experiment, and deploy larger-sized and/or uniquely-shaped video walls, we recognized how a ‘view all’ feature eliminates many of the configuration complexities that come with high-density output projects. Global View in the PowerWall software now automates as much of the configuration process as possible, while saving on time, installation resources, and potential setup errors.”