PORTLAND, Ore., June 15, 2015–Planar Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: PLNR), a global leader in display and digital signage technology, today announced it will feature its most diverse range of video walls to date at InfoComm 2015, including the newly launched Planar® DirectLight™ LED Video Wall System and Planar® RA-Series™.
Planar video walls are optimized for a wide range of resolution needs, budgets, lighting environments, viewing distances and maintenance requirements—offering something for every customer. Selections are tailored for nearly every setting including retail stores, airports, hotels, corporate lobbies, control rooms and public spaces.
“A leader in the video wall market, Planar continues to innovate at a rapid pace,” said Jennifer Davis, vice president of marketing and product strategy at Planar Systems. “InfoComm offers customers the opportunity to see leading-edge products and to talk to Planar specialists about which video wall system best meets their unique needs.”
The video walls on display at InfoComm 2015 will span LCD, direct-view LED and rear-projection technologies:
· Planar DirectLight LED Video Wall System: The newly launched Planar DirectLight LED Video Wall System is a family of seamless, ultra-fine pitch, direct-view LED video walls that provide a superior visual experience and is designed to make installation and service faster, easier and more precise. Optimized for a wide range of mission-critical 24x7 indoor environments including well-lit public spaces and corporate lobbies, as well as light-controlled conference rooms, auditoriums and control rooms, Planar DirectLight LED video walls employ a proprietary, advanced design across a choice of four resolutions ranging from 1.6 to 3.1 millimeter pitch.
· Planar RA-Series LCD Video Walls: The new Planar RA-Series LCD displays deliver a value-based video wall solution that supports the demanding requirements of 24x7 applications and high ambient light environments. Offered in 49" and 55", the high-performance Planar RA-Series has a tiled bezel width of only 12.6 millimeters. The displays can be tiled together in landscape or portrait orientation to create large, visually stunning video wall arrays. The Planar RA-Series combines reliability, high brightness and versatility at a cost-effective price point, bringing video walls to a wider range of customers.
· Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall System with G2 Architecture: The next-generation Clarity® Matrix LCD Video Wall System with G2 Architecture delivers a new level of visual performance for Planar's award-winning Clarity Matrix family of LCD video wall solutions. Available in 46" and 55", this ultra-narrow bezel LCD video wall system sets a new benchmark with a tiled bezel width as small as 3.7 millimeters. The video wall system is easy to install and maintain, adding to its reputation as a best-in-class video wall solution. The Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall System with G2 Architecture recently won the DIGI 2015 Award for “Best New Display Device Large Screen.”
· Planar Mosaic Architectural Video Walls: Planar® Mosaic™ Architectural Video Walls redefine interior spaces by providing a dynamic new way to deliver art and information. Planar Mosaic is the only video wall solution on the market that allows designers to mix-and-match three different LCD display tile sizes (22”, 46” and 55”) into unique arrays. Offering endless possibilities for creative expression, Planar Mosaic can be used to create an artistic statement or build a brand experience in any space.
· Planar Clarity LED3 Series Rear Projection Video Walls: The Clarity® LED3 Series is a complete line of LED-illuminated rear-projection video wall displays that deliver superb image quality, industry-leading energy efficiency and reliable long life. Ideal for control room customers who require near-seamless displays, Clarity LED3 Series rear projection video wall displays can maintain a wide range of brightness levels at optimized power levels for long illumination lifetimes. The displays deliver brightness of up to 800+ nits and illumination life up to 100,000 hours.
Planar offers this wide range of solutions at a time when the video wall market is experiencing double-digit growth. The global video wall market grew 19 percent in volume from 2013 to 2014, according to a recent report by Futuresource Consulting. During the same period, Planar’s video wall sales volume increased by over 40 percent—more than double the worldwide rate.
“Our latest global video wall report highlights robust growth in this market and shows that more than half of a million units were sold in 2014,” said Chris McIntye-Brown, associate director at Futuresource Consulting. “A deep market understanding and broad product portfolio will enable a handful of specialist manufacturers to capitalize on the strong demand for these installations.”
In addition to its video wall solutions, Planar will display a wide range of 4K and Ultra HD (UHD) LCD displays and interactive touch screen display solutions at InfoComm 2015. The company will also showcase its sophisticated sales tools designed to help customers visualize their video wall installations before they make their purchases, including the Clarity Matrix and DirectLight Video Wall Calculators, Planar LCD Selector Tool, Planar Mosaic Design Library, Mosaic Project Designer Software and Planar Case Study App.
Planar display solutions are available through Planar’s global network of authorized resellers. See the latest in display technology from Planar at InfoComm 2015 (Booth #1943), including video walls, 4K displays, interactive touch displays and sales tools. Additional information is available at www.planar.com.
Planar Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: PLNR) is a global leader in display and digital signage technology, providing premier solutions for the world's most demanding environments. Retailers, educational institutions, government agencies, businesses, utilities and energy firms, and home theater enthusiasts all depend on Planar to provide superior performance when image experience is of the highest importance. Planar video walls, large format LCD displays, interactive touch screen monitors and many other solutions are used by the world’s leading organizations in applications ranging from digital signage to simulation and from interactive kiosks to large-scale data visualization. Founded in 1983, Planar is headquartered in Oregon, USA, with offices, manufacturing partners and customers worldwide. For more information, visit www.planar.com.