Now Available; Works with Virtually All Common Fiber Optic Sizes and Connector Types, Allowing You to Test Cables Prior to Install and Test Patch and Breakout Cables for Faults
NEWBURY PARK, Calif., Nov. 19, 2020 – Platinum Tools® (www.platinumtools.com), the leader in solutions for the preparation, installation, hand termination, and testing of wire and cable, is proud to announce the launch of its new Fiber Optic Visual Fault Locator (p/n TVFL100). Now available, the fault locator has an MSRP of $105.00.
“Our new Fiber Optic Visual Fault Locator works with virtually all common fiber optic sizes and connector types, allowing you to test cables prior to install, and test patch and breakout cables for faults,” explained Sean Rothermel, Platinum Tools product manager. “The TVFL provides easy visual location of fiber optic cable faults, comes in a zip carrying case, and includes an adaptor for 2.5mm and LC ferrules.”
Additional features and specifications include:
- Bright 10mW laser for continuity testing; also shows breaks and performance-reducing bends in most types of fiber optic cable
- Aluminum construction for durability
- Runs for more than 20 hours on 2 AA batteries (included)
- Simple slide switch to select either a flashing or solid beam for easy identification of problems
- Fast & easy pass/fail testing of most fiber optic cables
- Convenient hinged endcap protects tip when not in use
About Platinum Tools
Platinum Tools LLC, an NSi Industries company, was created based upon two very simple objectives. First, develop the absolute best possible solutions for the preparation, installation, and hand termination of wire and cable. Second, implement an operational infrastructure that can deliver these products in an efficient, timely, and high quality manner.
All of our products must absolutely satisfy three critical benchmark criteria…utility of function; quality of function; and economic value. Our people are our company. They, too, must be focused on and work to satisfy three critical benchmark criteria…customer satisfaction; product knowledge and expertise; and willingness to learn and adapt.
# # #