CAMARILLO, Calif., Sept. 19, 2013 – Platinum Tools
), the leader in solutions for the preparation, installation, hand termination and testing of wire and cable, is proud to announce the launch of the new Cable Prowlerâ„¢ (TCB300) cable tester and report management system at the 2013 CEDIA Expo, held in Denver from Sept. 26-28 at the Colorado Convention Center, booth 529. Made in the USA, the Cable Prowler is scheduled to ship October 1 with an MSRP of $749.95 for the Complete Kit (P/N TCB300K1), and $529.95 for the tester only (P/N TCB300).
“Ideal for the CEDIA custom install market, the Cable Prowler provides full cable testing on any category network, coax, or telephone cable, combining the functions of a high-end cable tester and length measurement tester, with the capability to identify link status, link capability, and PoE detection,” explained Lee Sachs, Platinum Tools, Inc. president and general manager. “The Cable Prowler provides full cable testing, displaying wire map, numbered ID remotes, and any faults, including shorts, opens, miswires, split pairs, and reverses. It also enables quick identification of a network drops link capability and current link status. All of this in full color and internal memory to save results, as well as the ability to export to a computer via micro USB cable for record keeping and printing.”
The Cable Prowler Kit (TCB300K1) includes the main unit; coax and network remote set (#1-5, F-Conn coupler includes foam holder); network/tel testing and ID remote #1; RJ12 Cable (Qty 2); micro USB cable; protective silicone holster, and a hanging T3 pouch.
Cable Prowler also detects the presence of PoE on the network drop and what class of PoE per IEEE 802.3 af/at with load test for voltage drop. These network tests can also be saved for record keeping. The high resolution full color graphical display makes reading the Cable Prowler’s results as easy as it is to operate the unit. The Cable Prowler displays wire map in color per TIA-568A/B color codes.
“The full-featured Cable Prowler measures cable length (using TDR technology) and generates tone levels for signal tracing and cable identification on all pairs, a selected pair, or a selected pin,” added Sachs. “All of this displayed in a full color graphical display for easy viewing in any environment. Cable Prowler also has the ability to name each cable and save all test results. Cable results can be exported to a computer via micro USB cable for record keeping and printing.”
Cable Prowler specifications and applications include:
• Cable Testing and ID: up to 1000 ft (305 m)
• Displays length measurement for each pair in feet or meters using TDR technology
• Detects presence of PoE and class of PoE per IEEE 802.3af/at with load test for voltage drop
• Detects and reports current link speed and link capabilities for active Ethernet drops up to 1 Gbps
• Locate unlabeled network & coax cables
• Link light to identify location on a hub/switch/router port
• Tests ethernet cable configuration and verifies connectivity while conducting tests for opens, shorts, miswires, split pairs, and reverses
• Generates selectable tones on selected pins for use with tone tracers
• Supports up to eight testing & ID remotes for network & telephone cables
• Supports up to 20 network & coax ID – only mapping remotes
• View saved cable tests
• Full color graphical wire-mapping
• Ability to define cable name, save cable tests and print ALL results (cable testing & network testing)
• Multilingual (English, French, Spanish)
• Size: 1.85in H x 3.6in W x 6.8in L (4.7 x 9.15 x 17.3 cm)
• Weight (with batteries): 1 lb 2 oz (510 g)
For more information on Platinum Tools and its complete product line, please visit
, call (800) 749-5783, or email
About Platinum Tools
Platinum Tools, founded in 1997, was created based upon two very simple objectives. First, develop the absolute best possible solutions for the preparation, installation, and hand termination of wire and cable. Second, implement an operational infrastructure that can deliver these products in an efficient, timely, and high quality manner.
All of our products must absolutely satisfy three critical benchmark criteria…utility of function; quality of function; and economic value. Our people are our company. They, too, must be focused on and work to satisfy three critical benchmark criteria…customer satisfaction; product knowledge and expertise; and willingness to learn and adapt.
# # #