Seattle, WA, USA—January 2018… Symetrix, manufacturer of high performance audio hardware and software for the installed sound market, has released the latest version of its Composer programming software for Edge, Radius, Prism, and Solus NX DSPs. In addition to DSP design, Composer v6.0 for Windows® natively configures the setup and routing of Symetrix Dante™ I/O expanders, along with select third-party Dante devices. With Composer, integrators can program a complete end-to-end DSP signal path using just one application.
Composer 6.0 adds many new Dante-related workflow enhancements and other features for Symetrix DSPs. Previously, Composer was always in control of Dante configuration and routing, so changes made outside of Composer would not be preserved. With version 6.0, programming devices’ Dante interface in the Site File is now optional, accommodating users who rely on Dante Controller or another external means of network audio routing during daily operation.
In addition, Composer now optionally synchronizes changes made to the system in Dante Controller with the Site File for archiving or for use as a new baseline configuration. The system also can now be programmed to not restore the default Dante configuration and routing, preserving changes made in Dante Controller through system power cycles. Users can configure and route with Composer, with Dante Controller, or with a hybrid of the two, as system design and use cases dictate.
If it speaks Dante, it can be added to your Site File with Composer 6.0. Composer can obtain information about channel counts, channel names, device name, manufacturer, and model directly from the device over the network. Symetrix or third-party manufacturers can distribute XML databases of known units for import into Composer, and users can manually define a unit. Some XML databases of third-party products are included.
Dante firmware version 4.x poises Symetrix for the upcoming support of Audinate’s Dante Domain Manager. In addition, Symetrix DSP units can now receive and transmit AES67 network audio empowering users with an unparalleled level of compatibility and interoperability to leverage Symetrix DSPs with greater flexibility and fewer restrictions. Composer 6.0 also detects and displays the lock status of a Dante device.
Network audio Transmit and Receive objects in Composer are no longer tied directly to a set of Dante channels. Their use has been virtualized, expanded, and made more generic. Flow management is now handled automatically, without user interaction or management. Buses now accommodate more than one network audio technology.
Other new features and enhancements include:
- Users can place network audio Tx and Rx objects having up to 64-channels, greatly simplifying schematic layout and wiring when busing large amounts of network audio.
- Users no longer must remove old, and replace new, Network Rx objects in order to change sources used in a design, making system changes or service quicker and easier by reducing editing steps and chances for wiring errors.
- Third-party Dante-enabled products have been fully integrated into Composer, allowing for their configuration, management, and control (as applicable) without Dante Controller or third-party software.
- Dante diagnostic information is now available in the Composer diagnostics module and web interface for all Dante-enabled DSPs, providing multiple ways to quickly and easily keep tabs on the Dante interfaces.
- Composer 6.0 greatly streamlines methods for assigning and managing controller numbers, offering an easier way to both organize and troubleshoot control assignments.
- To help avoid unintentional control assignments or parameter linking, Composer 6.0 provides additional tools and methods to manage both linked and individual control assignments and will prevent duplicate control assignments in cases where control numbers are automatically generated.
These are just some of the improvements in Symetrix Composer 6.0 for Edge, Radius, Prism, and Solus NX DSPs. For more information, and to download Symetrix Composer 6.0, please visit www.symetrix.co/products/composer-software/.