PORTLAND, OR- SEATTLE, WA-August 21, 2012- Symetrix announces the Radius 12×8, a Danteâ„¢-networkable, fixed I/O, open-architecture digital signal processor expanding the innovative SymNet platform.
Radius may be installed as a standalone processor or used in conjunction with SymNet Edge or third party Danteâ„¢ network enabled devices to achieve the scalability and flexibility needed to meet the specifications of the simplest to the most complex installations.
“The Radius 12×8 is an extremely powerful installed sound DSP making use of one of the industry’s most popular input/output form factors – 12×8,” said Paul Roberts, CEO. “In response to integrator feedback, the SymNet Radius 12×8 includes ARC-WEB, our simple yet powerful browser-based user control technology, compatible with Apple and Android smartphones and tablets.”
Audinate’s award winning Dante technology is leading the way networks are connected by transporting high-quality media over standard IT networks. Dante delivers a no-hassle, self-configuring, true plug-and-play digital audio network that uses standard Internet Protocols
Lee Ellison, Audinate’s CEO remarks “Symetrix have done their research and is seizing the opportunity with the launch of the Radius 12×8, their second Dante enabled product to hit the market this year. “ Ellison adds, “With the new Radius, customers will be able to easily connect to the many other Dante enabled products now available which in turn offers a broader networked solution for everyone.”
Key Product Benefits and Features:
• Plug-and-play networking enables multiple Radius and Edge units to function as building blocks in a scalable system design, from one DSP to many.
• Easy transition to Radius 12×8 with advanced training available online 24/7 and Symetrix technical support staff available for design assistance.
• Twelve mic/line inputs, eight line outputs.
• Configure with SymNet Composer software with over 600 DSP modules.
• Internal gigabit and 10/100 switches eliminate the need for third-party switches in most systems.
• Network audio expansion using Dante protocol over standard IT networks. 64 transmit and 64 receive channels. Ultra low latency.
• User control: Symetrix ARC wall panels, ARC-WEB web app, SymNet SymVue, third-party touch screens.
Audinate revolutionizes the way that AV systems are connected by transporting high-quality media over standard IT networks. Using Audinate’s patented Dante networking solution, digital media networking just got easy. Audinate’s solution has been licensed by customers across the AV industry and can be found in installations and live sound applications globally. Audinate is a Promoter Member of the AVnu Allianceâ„¢. Audinate offices are located in US, United Kingdom and Australia. Visit
the latest news and information on the company.
Audinate is a registered trademark of Audinate Pty Ltd. Dante is a trademark of Audinate Pty Ltd.
Sound professionals rely upon the performance, value and reliability of audio mixing, routing and processing products from Symetrix. For more information on Symetrix professional audio products, please visit
or call +1 (425) 778-7728.