ATEM Mini Pro ($595, available now): A new low cost live production switcher with all the features of ATEM Mini but now with extra features for recording, streaming and monitoring.
- ATEM Mini Pro includes a new hardware streaming engine to allow direct streaming via its Ethernet connection to YouTube Live, Facebook and Twitch. That means customers can live stream to YouTube, Facebook and Twitch in better quality, without dropped frames and with much simpler settings.
- There is also support for recording the stream directly to USB flash disks in H.264, plus support for recording to multiple disks for continuous recording. That means customers get very long recordings in the same H.264 video files with AAC audio that customers streamed, so customers can directly upload to any online video site, such as YouTube and Vimeo.
- ATEM Mini Pro also includes a multiview on the HDMI video output that allows all inputs to be monitored on a single monitor, as well as live status of recording, streaming and the audio mixer.
Blackmagic Camera Update 6.9 (free, available now from the Blackmagic Design website): A new software update for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K models that includes powerful studio camera features.
- Now customers can connect to an ATEM Mini switcher and get control of the camera parameters, lens and tally light.
- The camera’s record light becomes a tally light so customers can see which camera is on air.
- The ATEM Software Control camera page has a camera control unit (CCU) style interface for adjusting and matching their cameras.
- Move the CCU control vertically for iris and left to right to adjust black level. It’s the same as a broadcast CCU.
- There are also controls for color tint to balance the camera as well as focus, gain and shutter speed.
- Customers can even ISO record Blackmagic RAW in the camera for editing later.
HyperDeck v7.1 (free, available now from the Blackmagic Design website): A major new software update that adds multiple new features to HyperDeck Studio Mini broadcast recorders, including:
- A new H.264 codec that supports true interlaced HD formats;
- HyperDeck Studio Mini can record SD, 720p, 1080p and now 1080i HD true interlaced formats in H.264, allowing broadcasters to reduce costs even while recording and archiving thousands of hours of video.
- A new AAC audio codec allowing uploading files direct to YouTube;
- Much faster Ethernet transfers of 110 MB/s; and
- Support for longer duration in a single file of at least three hours.
About Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Design creates the world’s highest quality video editing products, digital film cameras, color correctors, video converters, video monitoring, routers, live production switchers, disk recorders, waveform monitors and real time film scanners for the feature film, post production and television broadcast industries. Blackmagic Design’s DeckLink capture cards launched a revolution in quality and affordability in post production, while the company’s Emmy™ award winning DaVinci color correction products have dominated the television and film industry since 1984. Blackmagic Design continues ground breaking innovations including 6G-SDI and 12G-SDI products and stereoscopic 3D and Ultra HD workflows. Founded by world leading post production editors and engineers, Blackmagic Design has offices in the USA, UK, Japan, Singapore and Australia. For more information, please go to www.blackmagicdesign.com.