Follow Us on Twitter:
Wowza Media Systems Streaming Media West
“Wowza Media Server(R) 3 makes any-screen content delivery easy and cost-effective for organizations of all sizes. We work hard to address the needs of the market, and ensure we deliver the essential functionality and features that are must-haves in today’s streaming environment.” — David Stubenvoll, chief executive officer and co-founder of Wowza Media Systems
Wowza Media Systems at Streaming Media West 2011:
Wowza Media Server 3
Wowza(R) Media Systems introduces a major milestone in the evolution of media streaming with Wowza Media Server(R) 3, the next generation of its award-winning software platform that provides a single extensible foundation and value-added components for “Any Screen Done Right(TM)” media delivery.
The software offers the broadest any-screen coverage for Flash(R)- and Silverlight(R)-capable computers, tablets, phones, set-top boxes, media players, and game consoles; Apple(R) iPhone(R)/iPad(R) and other HLS-capable devices such as Apple TV(R) with AirPlay(R); Android(TM) devices; Roku(R) media players; and Internet-connected TVs including Samsung(R) Smart TV(TM) and Google TV(TM)-powered sets. The Wowza Media Server 3 platform advances media streaming to a new level of simplicity and cost-effectiveness with a variety of AddOn components that help organizations of any size to deliver live and on-demand content efficiently.
With Wowza Media Server 3, formerly hard-to-implement features such as adaptive bitrate (ABR) streaming, time-shifted playback, and integrated rights management are made simple and cost-effective. Wowza Media Server 3 is the ideal media platform for revenue-generating services for an ever-growing number of destinations. New capabilities of the Wowza Media Server 3 platform include:
– Integrated live adaptive bitrate (ABR) transcoding enabled by Wowza Transcoder(TM) AddOn eliminates the provisioning complexity typical of adaptive bitrate streaming, reduces needed access bandwidth by up to 80 percent, and enables better utilization of network resources such as routers and switches. Wowza Transcoder takes advantage of standard hardware to transform incoming live streams from encoders, IP cameras, IPTV headends, and other live sources into multiple stream sets for Flash RTMP and HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS), HLS, smooth streaming, and non-adaptive delivery for RTSP/RTP and MPEG-TS.
– Any-screen time-shifted delivery of live streams with Wowza nDVR(TM) AddOn enables Wowza licensees to increase revenues and viewer engagement by delivering premium catch-up TV services. Wowza nDVR significantly reduces cost by minimizing network storage requirements and simplifying the delivery workflow for all screens.
– Support for multiple studio-approved DRM platforms provides content owners and delivery networks with robust and truly secure streaming with on-the-fly encryption for both live and on-demand content to any screen — computers, mobile devices, and TVs — with a choice of industry-leading digital rights management platforms, including Verimatrix(R) VCAS(TM) and Microsoft PlayReady(R).
– Unconstrained per-server capacity with no CPU core limitations means media publishers can take full advantage of the highly-threaded multicore hardware for even higher streaming efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
– Flexible and cost-effective licensing choices for any application and budget, including a risk-free monthly subscription license that requires no upfront investment and which provides free upgrades, automatic volume discounts, and the convenience of using any number of servers and AddOns with a single license key.
Image Caption: Wowza Media Server(R) 3
Wowza(R) Media Systems is the “Any Screen Done Right(TM)” media server software company delivering an industrial-strength infrastructure for live video, video-on-demand, live recording, and video chat. Wowza has a singular focus on delivering high-performance media server software to service providers, media properties, enterprises, and other organizations serious about delivering video to any digital screen — computer, mobile phone, or home TV. More than 85,000 global licensees in entertainment, social media, advertising, enterprise, education, government, and Internet commerce have deployed Wowza’s media server software to date. Wowza Media Systems is privately held with headquarters in Evergreen, Colo. More information is available at
Wowza and related marks are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Wowza Media Systems Inc. Third-party product names and related marks are either registered trademarks or trademarks of such third parties.