Associations Focus: CEDIA Expo Makes a Difference
Aug 1, 2008 12:00 PM
With CEDIA Expo 2008 just around the corner, we are moving full steam ahead preparing for the electronic-systems industry's most exciting week. CEDIA Expo will once again bring its one-of-a-kind mix of technology, networking, and education to the Colorado Convention Center from Sept. 3 to Sept. 7. Registration is open — register today at www.cedia.org/expo.
CEDIA is dedicated to helping CEDIA members stay ahead despite the current challenges in the marketplace. The verdict is still out on what impact the housing downturn will have on our industry, but rest assured that CEDIA leadership is aware of the concerns and is working hard to provide the resources needed to weather this storm. With that in mind, CEDIA has implemented new initiatives to benefit members and the industry through education, networking, and special events at CEDIA Expo 2008.
PROVIDING MORE THAN $1,200 WORTH OF FREE EDUCATION
For the first time, CEDIA University selected a limited number of courses to offer members free of charge on a first-come, first-serve basis at CEDIA Expo 2008 in Denver. These courses include a mixture of offerings from the five CEDIA University colleges. CEDIA would like to elevate the importance of being a member and assist certified professionals with gaining free continuing education units (CEUs). Any CEDIA member can register and take these courses for free at CEDIA Expo this year.
CEDIA University has made 14 sessions available free of charge for CEDIA members. Receive up to 29 hours of free education, up to 24.25 CEUs, and a savings of up to $1,258.
Not only are we trying to elevate the importance of being a member, but CEDIA is dedicated to reducing the impact CEDIA Expo has on the environment. Here are just a few examples of how CEDIA and the Colorado Convention Center are working to be more environmentally conscious with our resources.
- Paper efficiencyCourse participant guides will be available free of charge electronically for anyone who pre-registers for a CEDIA University core course. If you register before Aug. 1, you may purchase a printed copy, which will be shipped to you prior to CEDIA Expo. Limited quantities of participant guides will be available for purchase in the onsite CEDIA store.
- Reduce, reuse, recycleRecycling containers for plastic and glass bottles, aluminum/tin cans, paper, and cardboard products will be placed in all meeting rooms, public spaces, and exhibit halls. In addition, solid and liquid waste will be disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Quality controlThe convention center is located in the heart of Denver within walking distance to more than 300 restaurants and 7,000 hotel rooms. In addition, the light rail offers a convenient stop at the convention center.
- Be bright about lightThe Colorado Convention Center uses compact fluorescent lights with timed control systems, allowing for lights to be at 50 percent during move in/out and at 100 percent only during show hours.
- Practicing good housekeepingThe convention center has eliminated the use of harmful chemicals for CEDIA Expo by using biodegradable and/or bio-renewable products. Also, all chemical products are mixed bottle-to-bottle, reducing the effect on the air quality.
- Doing Your PartOffset your airline travel emissions by simply donating $5 to carbonfund.org when you register. Donations will be used to offset carbon dioxide emissions.
As times change, CEDIA recognizes that we must adapt to survive. Therefore, we are putting are best foot forward in helping out members achieve the utmost success they deserve. CEDIA Expo truly is the number one residential electronic systems contractor show in the industry, and we are working hard to keep it that way. To learn more about CEDIA Expo 2008, visit www.cedia.org/expo.
For more information about CEDIA, visitwww.cedia.orgor call (800) 669-5329.