New Lock Offers Convenience to Both Users and IT Managers While Protecting Laptops and Valuable Data
San Mateo, CA, November 3, 2015 – Kensington, a worldwide leader in delivering smart. safe. simple.™ desktop and mobile computing accessories, today announced its new Master Keyed Combination Laptop Lock which is designed to conveniently protect laptops and the valuable data that resides on them. The lock joins Kensington’s family of PC and laptop locks, long considered the industry gold standard for physical security of computers. For more than 20 years, Kensington has provided security products to leading retailers, telecommunications companies, health providers and more, as the need for computing device security continues to rise.
Kensington® Master Keyed Combination Laptop Lock (SKU K67904WW; SRP: $39.99)
The Kensington Master Keyed Combination Laptop Lock offers convenience to both the user and IT manager. A four-number code can be selected from 10,000 possible combinations so the user does not have to worry about a key. If the code should get lost or forgotten, a master key can quickly and easily open the lock, making life easier on the IT manager. The steel lock head is tamper-resistant and features Kensington’s T-Bar™ Locking Technology, which securely attaches to the Kensington Security Slot™ found on most laptops.
Key features include:
- Master Key Access - A quick and easy solution to open the lock in case the combination code is lost or forgotten (master key does not reset the code).
- Resettable 4-Number Combination - The lock offers 10,000 different combination codes that can be selected by the user so it’s personalized and more easily remembered.
- Strong Lock Head - Tested against the most rigorous and thorough standards in the industry, the lock is tamper-resistant and will durably perform time after time.
- T-Bar™ Locking Technology - The trusted industry standard for more than 20 years and compatible with the Kensington Security Slot found in most laptops. The rotating bar securely attaches to the internal wall of the device for a premium level of security.
- Push-Button Design - Allows for one-handed engagement into the laptop, quickly and easily attaching the lock inside the Kensington Security Slot.
- Cut-Resistant Cable - Made of engineered carbon steel and sheathed in a protective cover, it offers the same level of cut-resistance and theft-resistance of much thicker cables while providing easier mobility.
- Register & Retrieve - Kensington’s cloud-based combination registration program allows for quick, secure and easy combination lookup should the code get lost or forgotten.
The Kensington Master Keyed Combination Laptop Lock is available today.
Digital images may be downloaded at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/48490242@N04/albums/72157659826781519
Tweet this: @Kensington Intros New Master Keyed Combination Laptop Lock for Convenient Laptop Protection - http://goo.gl/WL1UBY
Follow Kensington on:
Kensington, a leader in smart. safe. simple.™ desktop and mobile computing accessories is the recognized industry standard trusted by enterprises around the world. Kensington's mobile security product offerings include laptop and mobile security locks providing a new generation of front-line protection for mobile devices. In addition, Kensington offers accessories including power adapters, chargers, mice, keyboards, trackballs, universal docking stations, desktop accessories, carrying cases and iPad/iPhone/iPod accessories. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington is the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), a world leader in branded office products, with products marketed in more than 100 countries across the globe. For more information, visit www.kensington.com or call Kensington toll-free at 1-800-235-6708.
Kensington is a registered trademark of ACCO Brands. smart. safe. simple. is a trademark of ACCO Brands. All other registered and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2015 Kensington Computer Products Group, a division of ACCO Brands. All rights reserved.