The leader in 4K displays for commercial applications expands its award-winning Planar UltraRes Series family with first-of-its-kind Planar UltraRes 98” Touch
PORTLAND, Ore., Dec. 9, 2014–
(NASDAQ: PLNR),a global leader in display and digital signage technology, today announced the breakthrough
LCD display, the industry’s largest 4K touch display.
The Planar UltraRes 98” Touch combines a multi-touch, multi-user experience with native Ultra HD resolution, making it possible to interact across a large screen area with crystal-clear detail and precision. With 32 simultaneous touch points, the display is designed for a wide variety of resolution-rich, collaborative applications including meeting rooms, training facilities and command and control centers. It is also ideal for eye-catching interactive digital signage that engages viewers and is rugged for public space reliability.
“Planar has been first to market with a variety of new 4K display solutions, and the Planar UltraRes 98” Touch represents another industry milestone,” said Becky Connors, product marketing manager at Planar Systems. “With its multi-touch support, enhanced durability and sleek design, the display sets the bar for interactive commercial experiences, demonstrating our ongoing commitment to offering the best in 4K technology.”
The Planar UltraRes 98” Touch expands Planar System’s leadership in the ultra-high definition category, which includes Ultra HD touch and non-touch offerings in 28”, 58”, 65” and 84” sizes. Among the benefits include:
- Seamless touch experience: The Planar UltraRes 98”A Touch provides 32 simultaneous touch points, 500-nit brightness, and flawless 2D and 3D viewing. The 98” diagonal is without seams, offering the largest touch surface area without bezel disruption.
- Stunning clarity: With a native 4K resolution of 3840 x 2160, the Planar UltraRes 98” Touch brings the highest level of clarity in text and fine detail for touch users viewing at close distances.
- Maximum durability: Planar’s EROâ„¢ (Extended Ruggedness and Opticsâ„¢) optical bonding technology offers added protection for safeguarding the Planar UltraRes 98” Touch in high-traffic and long-term use applications. The bonded glass screen also improves optical performance and touch accuracy by eliminating the air gap between the protective glass and LCD screen.
- Sleek design: The Planar UltraRes 98”A Touch offers an elegant design with an attractive, logo-free, narrow bezel. Using the Planar Profileâ„¢ Mounting System, it installs just 4” from the wall, making it compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Advanced power management: The Planar UltraRes 98” Touch utilizes the latest-generation LED backlight technology and passive cooling to achieve maximum energy efficiency. It consumes less than 0.5 watt of energy in standby mode, and incorporates a fanless, whisper-quiet design free from disruptive background noise.
The Planar UltraRes 98” Touch will be available starting in December 2014 through Planar’s global network of authorized resellers. Additional information is available at
Planar Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: PLNR) is a global leader in display and digital signage technology, providingpremier solutions for the world's most demanding environments. Retailers, educational institutions, government agencies, businesses, utilities and energy firms, and home theater enthusiasts all depend on Planar to provide superior performance when image experience is of the highest importance. A Planar video walls, large format LCD displays, interactive touch screen monitors and many other solutions are used by the world’s leading organizations in applications ranging from digital signage to simulation and from interactive kiosks to large-scale data visualization. Founded in 1983, Planar is headquartered in Oregon, USA, with offices, manufacturing partners and customers worldwide. For more information, visit