Italian loudspeaker manufacturer RCF announces the release of new RDNet firmware update with RDNet 3.0. The release includes new paradigms for sound system management and expands the offerings of RCF products through the firmware. RDNet is a proprietary DSP protocol for RCF products that provides straightforward and intuitive monitoring and control of all components in an entire audio system.
The new RDNet release features extensive improvements. The audio system is now configurable in Groups of speakers or in the new Array clusters, the Air Compensation and the Cluster Size shaping are more precise and controllable, FiRPHASE algorithms have been employed, Endfire setups have been added to subwoofer configurations, along with various interface updates.
RDNet is a secure and robust management for small, medium, and arena-sized sound systems as well as complex and extended installations. Each speaker cabinet in a system has its own DSP, making it possible to address specific presets or modifications of parameters to single or groups of objects. A network user can change level, delay, EQ and other parameters, including advanced subwoofer configurations. Not only loudspeakers: it is possible to control routing and parameters of multiple RCF devices, such as digital matrixes or amplifiers.
RDNet checks all the connected devices, recognizes, and then adds them as objects on the main window, thanks to the auto-scan function. The real-time monitoring features a multitude of parameters, such as fan speed, temperature, inclination of the single speaker, VU Meters and peak levels. The RDNet protocol runs on the ultra-stable RS-485 communication protocol through two hardware devices to connect the PC: the RDNet Control 2 (USB) is a two-channel unit that controls up to 64 devices, while the RDNet Control 8 (ETH/USB) is an eight-channel model that controls up to 256 devices in its subnet. RDNet software supports up to 20 CONTROL 8, all simultaneously linked to a computer via Ethernet, to get up to 160 RDNet ports (up to 5120 devices).
The new firmware version is now inclusive in additional RCF products including the HDL30-A, SUB9004-AS, SUB9006-AS, TTS15-A and TTS18-A, as well as the MZ8060 matrix mixer and all VSA vertical steerable array products. Existing RDNet products can be easily updated.
Here are some highlights of the new RDNet 3.0 features:
- Array and Zones Grouping.Group objects on Arrays with customizable proprieties: Zones, Air Compensation, Cluster Size, FiRPHASE Gain. Group Array objects in Zones: every Zone has its own color for a simple discrimination of the parameters.
- Air Absorption Compensation.An incremental control for Array to shape the Air Absorption Compensation. Very useful in case of humidity or temperature changes (e.g.: sound check on a sunny day, a concert by night), now on 15 incremental steps.
- Cluster Size. The low-mid shaping is an automatic calculation based on the cluster size to always obtain the perfect linear frequency response from the whole system, now on 10 incremental steps.
- FiRPHASE Gain. Every Zone has three different fixed FIR equalizers with gain control.
- Global Array FiRPHASE Gain.Every Array group has a global control on the FirPhase Gain for parallel increment/decrement of the Zone FIRs
- Endfire– In addition to the current Cardioid and Curved Subs functions, there is now available a fast and stress-free Endfire Subwoofer Arrays design function.
- Autosnap objects. Autosnap on all the sides of an object. When two objects are nearby, they tend to connect like magnets. Very useful for an easy visualization of vertical and horizontal clusters.
- Online/Offline Operating Modes.
Redesigned Offline and Online operating mode for a safe system administration, as well as the Concert Mode with safety password.
- Autosave function setting in minutes.
- Real Time EQ.
The equalizer changes in real time.
- FiRPHASE Gain EQ visualization.
FiRPHASE Gain curves can be visualized together with the traditional EQ.
- Copy/Paste for Groups
- Up-down control via Mouse Wheel
For more information and software download: www.rcf.it/products/touring-and-theatre/rd-net