Nexus Audio Systems Brings C-6 Multi-Zone AV Controller to InstallersNexus Audio Systems brings the C-6 multi-zone AV controller’s award-winning technologies to installers. The C-6, which came home from the recent CEDIA show with a RESI Award for “Best A/V Control 10/13/2005 4:00 AM Eastern
Nexus Audio Systems Brings C-6 Multi-Zone AV Controller to Installers
Oct 13, 2005 8:00 AM
Nexus' C-6 multi-zone AV controller features, five audio/video source components, a built-in AM/FM tuner module, and support for six independently operated zones.
Nexus Audio Systems brings the C-6 multi-zone AV controller’s award-winning technologies to installers. The C-6, which came home from the recent CEDIA show with a RESI Award for “Best A/V Controller/Receiver,” supports six independently operated zones, as well as five audio/video source components and a built-in AM/FM tuner module.
“The greatest feature of the C-6 is its ‘Phantom Control’ technology,” explains Victor Berry, founder and president of Nexus Audio Systems. “The C-6 requires no special control wiring by integrating easily onto the same four wires used to drive the speakers. This makes the C-6 the perfect choice for any installation. With new or existing construction, the C-6 provides the greatest flexibility, ease of operation, and simplicity of installation of any multi-room product on the market today.”
The C-6 system is expandable to 18 zones using the X-1 and X-2 expansion controllers. The K-8 and K-22 keypads provide simple, intuitive control. Both models control zone power, source selection, source control, volume, treble, and bass. With an easy-to-read, backlit LCD that also conveniently displays the tuner frequencies, there is never any question to the user of system status, the source selected, or volume. The K-22 provides the additional flexibility of direct tuning and disc and track selection. In Group Mode, the K-22 keypad can scroll and display configurable zone names to aid in setting up groups for temporary Party Mode configurations. Both keypads feature an infrared receiver that can be used with the R-1 handheld remote for additional flexibility and armchair control.
C-6 System Overview
- Six independent zones (up to 18 using the X-1 and X-2 expansion controllers)
- 40W per zone; 20W/channel (20Hz to 20KHz) at .1 percent THD all zones driven
- Five AV source inputs
- Automatic power management of common source components
- Built-in AM/FM tuner (with 10 presets)
- Audio and video inputs for whole-house paging
- Doorbell or telephone mute function
- Custom zone and source naming
- Zone grouping and sharing
- High current toroidial power supply
- Infrared learning microprocessor with six 3.5mm output jacks
- 12VDC Trigger out at 100mA
- “Phantom Control” over existing or newly installed four-conductor speaker wire
- RS-232 serial port
- “Feature port” for future control capability
- Dimensions: 17”x3 7/8”x14”(including feet and connections)
- 120 VAC 650W
- Comprehensive five-year parts and labor warranty
“Engineered for the future, the C-6 includes a RS-232 serial port and a ‘Feature’ port for future product control,” adds Berry. “This means that your system can easily integrate into other home automation systems. The Nexus C-6 allows for interconnection to a paging system and also provides a mute function that integrates with your doorbell or telephone system to ensure you will not miss that important call or visitor.”
For more information on the Nexus C-6 multi-zone AV controller, please visit www.nexusaudiosystems.com.