The Digital Signage Federation® (DSF), the only independent not-for-profit trade organization serving the digital signage industry invites DSF members and non-members alike, to attend its Wednesday, May 11 “Hangout” panel discussion at 2pm EST, on the topic of “Leveraging Signage in a K-12 Education Setting.”
As the majority of young students beginning school are already technology savvy, educators are embracing technology more often to connect with both students and parents as an efficient way to provide information. As part of that outreach, schools are deploying digital signage as an effective engagement tool with the added benefit of having an on campus network provide immediate notification campus-wide in the event of emergencies.
Hangouts are 45-minute panel discussions using Google’s Hangout platform with a moderator and a panel of three or four industry professionals.
The panel comprised of Digital Signage professionals who are members of the DSF, will include:
- Wayne Fulton, Assistant Director of Technology, Manor Independent School District, TX
- Joelle Bejarano, Applications/Business Analyst, Kent School District, WA
- Ryan Cahoy, Managing Director, Rise Vision
In addition to discussing the most common digital signage applications, the panel will also speak to the merits of implementing signage and address the most common concerns facing both the public and private school systems:
- How digital signage supports the mission of K-12 education.
- Provide examples of systems using digital technologies for engagement.
- The best approach to digital signage for K-12 and who should support it.
- The feasibility of advertising to subsidize the cost of new technology.
- How to obtain and curate content to ensure that messaging is appropriate and fresh.
- The role of digital signage in emergency notification.
More information on the May 11 Hangout event or other DSF events can be found on the DSF website. Both DSF members and non-members may join these, or any of the DSF’s scheduled Hangout conversations for free – but registration is required and can be accessed on the “DSF Event Web Page” of the DSF website at http://digitalsignagefederation.com/event-2175250
Mark Your Calendar Now:
Digital Signage Federation 2015 Educational Hangout Schedule
- June 15 – Basic Content Do’s and Don’ts for Digital Signage
- July (TBA) – New York City Transit Authority Art Project
About Digital Signage Federation®:
DSF®’s Mission is to support and promote the common business interests of the world-wide digital signage, interactive technologies and the digital out-of-home network industries. The DSF® is a not-for-profit independent voice of the digital signage industry reflecting the diversity of its membership. It promotes professional recognition through certifications, continuing education, conferences, publications, and presentations offered by the DSF® and affiliate groups. It provides regulatory advocacy to leverage the collective strength of members and represent their interests at the higher levels of government and the community. The DSF® provides leadership and networking opportunities focused on building a strong foundation for the advancement of the digital signage industry. For more information, visit www.digitalsignagefederation.org.
For more information about the DSF®, please contact:
Geri Wolff, Director, Marketing & Communications