Insight Media and MCG Release 2005 Home Entertainment: Opportunity Analysis & Forecast
Dec 13, 2005 9:08 AM
Insight Media, in partnership with McLaughlin Consulting Group (MCG), announced the release of the 2005 Home Entertainment: Opportunity Analysis and Forecast. The report analyzes the opportunity for all types of big-screen TV technologies with a special emphasis on microdisplay-based rear-projection televisions (MD-TVs).
The report finds MD-TVs can capitalize on a major window of opportunity to grow sales as much as 13 million units by 2009. However, a more conservative analysis would lead to only 5 milion MD-TV units. The analysis in this report is therefore a valuable tool to better understand how MD-TVs will or can be competitive in the TV market.
The 263-page study, published by McLaughlin Consulting Group, consists of 177 pages of analysis, including text, color graphs, and tables, plus 86 pages of company profiles, and includes:
- Overview of Optimistic and Conservative scenarios
- Forecasts of changes in consumer purchasing of big-screen TVs based on availability of new technology and product alternatives
- Detailed analysis for each scenario of sales by technology (LCD, CRT, PDP, SED, RP CRT, MD RPTV, and front projection) within each screen size battleground
- Forecast pricing on big-screen TVs for each technology
- Relative attractiveness of each technology to consumers (LCD, PDP, etc.)
- Competitive strengths and weaknesses of microdisplay technologies (DMD, HTPS, LCoS)
- Detailed forecast of the derived market in dollars and units for microdisplays by definition and technology (DMD, HTPS, LCoS)
- Summary high-level snapshot of all big-screen TV models presently being sold.
Company profiles for 43 major or notable big-screen TV makers/brands, including product line overview by technology with pricing. Profiles incorporate advanced graphic features to simplify the presentation of data and speed comprehension.