Join the Conference Call on Hurricane Katrina Aid
Sep 6, 2005 2:51 PM
NSCA has invited ICIA to join its efforts in support of the members of our two associations and industry. ICIA is glad to do so and would like to encourage ICIA members to join in a teleconference call being hosted by Randy Vaughan, NSCA president, and Chuck Wilson, NSCA executive director, on Sept. 6 at 3 p.m. central time to discuss this issue.
Ideas for our support include:
- Providing generators, office supplies, and temporary facilities such as repurposing job trailers to set up makeshift offices
- Temporarily relocating trained employees from the Gulf region to firms already behind in their work. Earning a paycheck has been the major concern raised thus far
- Continuing to make outbound calls to the region to determine the status of member firms and to let people know we are here to help
- Contacting Enterprise Leasing for donating or discounting service vehicles
- Setting up an toll-free call center to answer calls and forward information
- Raising money and create a displaced industry employee fund
If you are interested in participating, simply call in at 3 p.m. central (4 p.m. eastern, 2 p.m. mountain, 1 p.m. pacific).
Within the United States, call (866) 244-4742 (toll free)
Outside the United States, call (703) 639-1180
Enter the following participant passcode: 769367
In addition, if your company would like to provide AV communication tools along with power generation, uplinks, and other AV support to local jurisdictions and relief agencies, ICIA would like to financially back your efforts. Please call ICIA at (703) 273-7200 to discuss what you might want to do.
Finally, please see the information provided earlier regarding ICIA matched donations.