New kids on the block Displace, a startup, are looking to make waves by changing TVs as we know them. Displace is teasing their flagship product ahead of a full reveal at CES 2023 with some pretty bold claims. Chief among them are that their new 55″ 4K TV has no wires or ports, and strictly runs on a hot-swappable battery system, said to give the TV a month of power, assuming 6 hours of use a day. What’s more, the Displace TV is said to weigh less than 20 pounds, and requires no mounting system to be affixed to a wall.
Displace claims they have invented a “proprietary active-loop vacuum technology” that requires the user to simply line it up on a wall and give it a “slight push” to make it stick, all without any nails or screws. When it comes to controlling the TV, Displace has delivered their own unique view here as well. The Displace TV will be primarily controlled with hand gestures, according to their press release. They will also feature voice control and facial recognition features to allow users to switch between TVs easily.
Finally, the 55″ Displace TV is able to be combined with other Displace units to form a larger viewing surface, all the way up to a 110″ 16K TV. How seamless this feature will be remains to be seen, but Displace will be giving a full demonstration at CES 2023. Reservations for Displace TV will be available on the Displace website starting January 5, 2023, with a fully refundable deposit. They will be available to ship by late 2023.
See also: LG 136-Inch All-In-One DVLED Display
Features and specs from Displace:
- A Truly Wireless TV: Displace TV has no wires and no ports. Long-lasting rechargeable batteries utilize Displace’s proprietary hot-swappable battery system.
- Simply Stick TV to Any Wall: Super lightweight 55″ 4K Displace TV uses proprietary active-loop vacuum technology — no wall mounting required.
- Create Any Size TV: Snap multiple 55″ 4K Displace TVs together to create any size TV – such as combining four TVs to create a 110″ TV with 16K resolution.
- Interact with Hand Gestures – No More Remote Controls! Users can easily browse and play content on Displace TV using their hands in addition to touch and voice interfaces. Users simply push with their palm to play; pinch to zoom in or out; or literally reach out and grab what’s on the TV and throw it onto another Displace TV in the home. Content magically moves from one Displace TV to another when the user moves between rooms via proprietary computer vision technology.
- What’s in the Box:
- 55″ 4K wireless Displace TV (one, two or four TVs, pending package purchased)
- Battery charging unit
- One base unit
- Dimensions: 48.2″ width x 27.5″ height, and 1.2″ thick
- Hardware Specifications:
- Displace TV: 55″ OLED panel, 4K camera, Wi-Fi 6E
- Base unit: AMD CPU, NVidia GPU, Wi-Fi 6E
- Batteries: Four rechargeable batteries per TV and battery charging unit
- Battery Life: One-month of total battery life for each Displace TV, based on average usage of six hours per day; Batteries can be charged individually while the TV remains fully functional.
- Where to Buy: Displace TV website
- Launch Market: U.S.