New Trackball Gives Users the Utmost Freedom with Wireless Connectivity, While Reducing Desktop Cable Clutter
Las Vegas, NV – Kensington®, a worldwide leader in delivering smart. safe. simple.™ desktop and mobile computing accessories, today announced the availability of its new Expert Mouse® Wireless Trackball. Designed to give users more flexibility from their trackball, the new mouse joins the company’s family of trackballs that deliver exceptional comfort and ease-of-use, setting the industry standard for more than 20 years. Kensington will showcase the Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball at CES Unveiled 2016 in Las Vegas.
The use of trackballs in both home and office-based computing environments is growing in popularity. Many users find the repetitive clicking and dragging motions required to use a traditional mouse to be ergonomically problematic. A recent Kensington survey revealed that users switch from a traditional mouse to a trackball primarily because trackballs deliver greater speed and accuracy, offer better ergonomics, and are more efficient in small or tight workspaces. When asked which new features users would like to see in Kensington trackballs specifically, the survey showed that wireless connectivity was the most requested feature.
Kensington Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball — Black (SKU K72359WW; SRP: $99.99)
The Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball gives users more freedom of placement while working because they aren’t limited by wires. The trackball can be connected either through Bluetooth® 4.0 LE or through a widely compatible USB receiver. With Kensington’s free TrackballWorks™ software, users can customize the trackball to suit their personal needs for greater productivity. DiamondEye™ Optical tracking offers smooth, precise cursor control while the award-winning Scroll Ring allows for quick scanning up and down pages.
“With the new Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball, we’ve addressed several user requirements, primarily the need to minimize desktop clutter and increase flexibility,” said Anita Chang, global product manager, Kensington. “It is the only wireless expert-grade trackball available and, coupled with TrackballWorks software, allows users to customize its functionality for greater efficiency, speed and productivity. Kensington trackballs are well-suited for users across industries and environments such as graphic design, music, architecture, gaming, healthcare and many more.”
Key features of the Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball include:
- Dual Wireless Technology – The ultimate in wireless freedom, the trackball connects via Bluetooth 4.0 LE, saving a valuable USB port, or through a highly reliable 2.4GHz nano USB receiver.
- TrackballWorks™ Customization – Free downloadable software provides an even more personalized experience, offering the ability to assign a wide variety of program functions to each of the four buttons on the trackball. It also allows for customized control over cursor and scrolling speeds.
- DiamondEye™ Optical Tracking – Movement detection technology provides smooth, precise cursor control so users can navigate on the screen quickly with less hand movement, improving productivity and efficiency.
- Scroll Ring and Large Ball – Spinning the Scroll Ring enables scrolling up and down web pages or documents with complete ease, while the red 55mm ball has been specially designed with an absolute spherical, hard surface for precise tracking and control.
- Ambidextrous Design – The trackball works equally well for both right-handed and left-handed users.
- Detachable Wrist Rest — Soft cushioning cradles the hand and wrist in ergonomic comfort for pain-free productivity during extended periods of activity on the computer.
- Device Compatibility – The trackball is compatible with devices running Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Mac OS X 10.8 and later when using the 2.4 GHz USB receiver. The trackball is compatible with devices running Windows® 10 and 8.1 and Mac OS X 10.8 and later when using Bluetooth 4.0 LE.
- TrackballWorks Compatibility — Mac systems must use 2.4GHz USB receiver connection when using the software.
Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball is available at Kensington.com today.
Kensington will showcase the Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball at CES Unveiled 2016 in Las Vegas. For more information contact Denise Nelson, the Ventana Group for Kensington, 925.858.5198 (mobile) or [email protected].
Digital images may be downloaded at: https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/t1h40k
Tweet this:[email protected] Launches Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball for Greater Computing Ease and Productivity – http://goo.gl/WL1UBY
Follow Kensington on:
Kensington, a leader in smart. safe. simple.™ desktop and mobile computing accessories is the recognized industry standard trusted by enterprises around the world. Kensington’s mobile security product offerings include laptop and mobile security locks providing a new generation of front-line protection for mobile devices. In addition, Kensington offers accessories including power adapters, chargers, mice, keyboards, trackballs, universal docking stations, desktop accessories, carrying cases and iPad/iPhone/iPod accessories. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington is the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), a world leader in branded office products, with products marketed in more than 100 countries across the globe. For more information, visit www.kensington.com or call Kensington toll-free at 1-800-235-6708.
Kensington and Expert Mouse are registered trademarks of ACCO Brands. smart. safe. simple., DiamondEye and TrackballWorks are trademarks of ACCO Brands. All other registered and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2015 Kensington Computer Products Group, a division of ACCO Brands. All rights reserved.