The Music Company and TMC Productions
The Music Company and TMC Productions offers event planning, wedding and reception coordination, and DJ services. They also sell and install commercial audio, video, and DJ equipment, and offer special effects lighting sales and services.
The global pandemic has changed life as we know it for most of 2020. Event planning and production companies are adapting and finding new ways to do business. Mel Speed at The Music Company and TMC Productions had a request for an outdoor drive-in movie night where people could maintain a social distance while enjoying a movie on the big screen.
Initially, Mel Speed planned to use a traditional FM transmitter to broadcast the movie’s audio to cars. When someone mentioned that Listen Technologies has a device that transmits the sound via cell phones, he decided to try it. Audio streamed over Wi-Fi is a more reliable solution delivering superior audio quality compared to sound delivered over an FM system. Listen EVERYWHERE broadcasts crystal-clear audio over Wi-Fi to a free app (available on both Android and IOS devices). Featuring a customizable app, the device allows business owners to add welcome videos, upcoming event promos, text banners, and more.
TMC Productions has hosted six pop-up drive-in movie nights in mall parking lots with an average of 50 cars in attendance. Listen EVERYWHERE allows guests to enjoy crystal clear audio while watching a movie on the big screen from the safety of their own vehicle. Benefits of the system:
- Sanitary with no shared equipment or receivers to distribute.
- Portable, easy to set up, and simple to use.
- Broadcasts via an existing Wi-Fi network.
TMC Productions has four future pop-up movie nights planned, with hopes of hosting drive-in concerts once local mandates allow live music.
IN APP FEATURES
- Text Banners – Text banners allow you to insert updated content quickly and easily.
- Custom Content – Link to websites, event agendas, PDFs and any other custom content.
- Welcome Ad or Video – The first thing customers see when opening the app; set the number of seconds before your welcome ad or video can be skipped.
- Sliding Promotional Banners – Upload ads, coupons, promotions, or special events banners that can click through to your menu, websites, or additional information.
- Custom Labels for Channels – Channel logos and other graphics make it easy for guests to find their desired channel.
How It Works
Movie goers download a free app to their Android or iOS device. Once connected to the venue’s network, they open the app and select the channel they want to hear. If they have Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids, they can connect the sound from their smartphone or tablet to their hearing aid.
“It’s kind of a given today that most people have smart phones. They’re more comfortable using their cell phone than using the radio in the car.” MEL SPEED, OWNER OF THE MUSIC COMPANY AND TMC PRODUCTIONS