MediaMatrix nWall 2.0
June 15, 2011, ORLANDO, Fla. (InfoComm exhibit #1001) — PeaveyA® proudly introduces the new MediaMatrixA® nWallâ„¢ 2.0, a surface-mount audio interface panel that converts audio from analog to a digital stream that can be routed via CobraNetâ„¢ right at the panel.
The nWall 2.0 offers high-quality analog-to-digital audio conversion and transport for MediaMatrix, the most flexible and capable audio networking system and the pioneer of computer-based audio processing and control interfacing systems. By converting two balanced XLR inputs and two 1/8”? inputs into a digital audio stream at the panel, the nWall 2.0 greatly reduces buzz, hum, ground loops and other cable issues, eliminates the need for isolation and impedance matching interfaces, and replaces long analog cable runs with a single CAT5e UTP cable.
Designed with the consultant and contractor in mind, the nWall 2.0 interface offers flexible remote configuration and deployment options to provide an efficient and elegant solution for any number of applications.
“The nWall 2.0 is an extension of the growing line of MediaMatrix products designed to put entire solutions at the fingertips of the designer and contractor,”? said Hartley Peavey, founder and CEO of Peavey Electronics Corporation. “MediaMatrix continues to expand to include an entire range of control products, all designed to allow the integrator to design, create and deploy complete systems without the additional expense and complexity of third-party control systems.”?
The nWall 2.0 interface panel fits in a standard two-gang NEMA back box, and is powered over the attached network cable from a network PoE-capable network switch that conforms to IEEE 802.3af. The XLR connectors can be configured for multiple audio input sensitivities from -56, -26 to +4dBu, selected from a rotary switch located on the unit’s front panel. The XLR inputs support electret condenser and dynamic microphones plus line-level audio with 15V DC phantom power. The 1/8”? (3.5mm) TRS mini jacks accept a nominal -8dBU signal that is summed to mono and mixed with the XLR inputs.
Any number of nWall panels can be patched to any number of MediaMatrix NIONA® processing nodes on the fly, eliminating the need for expensive patch panels and greatly reducing setup time between events.
For more information, please contact your Peavey MediaMatrix representative or visit mediamatrix.peavey.com.
• Two balanced XLR inputs
• Mic/line selectable gain
• Three-step rotary switch on front panel allows quick source setup at the wall panel
• Two unbalanced TRS 1/8”? (3.5mm) mini jack inputs, summed mono for PC and Aux
• CobraNet audio transport via switched network and RJ45
• Crimp connectors greatly reduce critical path delivery time and costs, replacing the need for skilled labor to solder/terminate typical analog interface panels
• Electronic patching -using MediaMatrix NWareâ„¢ any number of nWall panels can be patched to any number of NION processors on the fly, eliminating the need for expensive patch panels and greatly reducing setup time between events
• Analog to Digital conversion at the wall panel reduces problems with buzz, hum, ground loops and other cable issues also eliminating the need for isolation and impedance matching interfaces.
Features, specifications and pricing are subject to change without notice.
MediaMatrixA® is a division of PeaveyA®, one of the largest manufacturers of professional audio equipment in the world. Peavey has earned more than 180 patents and produces more than 2,000 products, which are distributed throughout the United States and to 136 other countries. MediaMatrix revolutionized the high-end audio technology market with its computer-based audio processing and control interfacing systems, and can now be found in more than 5,000 airports, stadiums, theme parks, government facilities and other venues around the world. To find out more about MediaMatrix, visit mm.peavey.com.