MINNEAPOLIS, MN (April 30, 2008) – Vaddio, the leading designer and OEM distributor of specialty PTZ cameras and high-end camera control systems used in the broadcasting, audio/visual and videoconferencing industries, recently announced the release of the NEW CeilingVIEW SD Integrated Ceiling Document Camera. The new system offers not only a higher optical zoom, but also High Speed Differential Signalingâ„¢ (HSDS) to transport video, power and control signals from the camera system to the Quick-Connect CV SD interface up to 400 feet using standard CAT-5 cable.
The SD camera is based on a SonyA® EXview HAD CCD imaging sensor crucial for exceptional image quality and precise color reproduction. The 36X optical zoom and 12X digital zoom offer an amazing 432X total zoom capability – perfect for corporate boardrooms, auditoriums, teaching hospitals, distance-learning applications, or wherever a clear, standard definition image is required. Other features include simultaneous Y/C and composite 4:3 video and VISCAâ„¢ control protocol.
“Our CeilingVIEW SD uses high speed differential signaling, an active transport system – not video baluns – to deliver high quality, low loss video over CAT-5 cabling,”? said Rob Sheeley, president and CEO of Vaddio. “CeilingVIEW SD, along with our CeilingVIEW HD give our customers a choice of high quality standard definition and high definition integrated ceiling document cameras.”?
The new SD system also offers additional features including:
• Remote Compatibility. Use either the Vaddio, PolycomA® or TANDBERG remote to operate Zoom In/Out and Momentary Laser.
• IR Remote Control. Hand held remote control allows user to control zoom, six zoom presets, laser pointer, brightness, auto white balance, black and white, positive/negative mirror, and auto or manual focus.
• Laser pointer for precise placement. The built-in laser pointer can be operated in an “Always On”? mode or momentary state for locating and positioning documents.
• Six Camera Zoom Presets. Presets can be stored by the remote, ProductionVIEWâ„¢ switchers or through external control systems.
• Custom camera install kit. Install kit includes metal backbox enclosure designed to fit into ceiling, suspended ceiling tile support braces and a ceiling trim ring. (An optional plaster ring install kit will soon be available).
Vaddio is the leading designer and OEM distributor of specialty PTZ cameras and high-end camera control systems used in the broadcasting, audio/visual and videoconferencing industry. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Vaddio also has operations throughout the Americas, as well as sales and support partners throughout the world. More information can be found on the Vaddio website,
or at (800) 572.2011.