Hauppauge, NY, July 1, 2007: Vicon Industries Inc., a leader in the design and engineering of video surveillance and security systems, announced today the release of ViconNet 4.0, the next generation of its powerful digital video management software that allows integration of analog and digital equipment into a fully integrated, network-based system. New features of version 4.0 include:
• Virtual Matrix Controller that allows the display of video from any camera using any monitor, simulating a crosspoint matrix system
• Logical Camera Groups that provide for easy call up of cameras independent from their physical network connection
• Flexible Frame-Per-Second Settings that permit viewing at one FPS rate and recording at another, thus saving storage space
• Alarm Alerts via Email or Text to your PC or PDA
• Alarm Investigation Tool to call up corresponding video directly from alarm reports
Orders for ViconNet version 4.0 may be placed immediately. Shipping will begin July 16, 2007. Vicon will continue support for version 3.0 for the foreseeable future. More information regarding ViconNet 4.0 and the Virtual Matrix Controller may be found online at:
“We‘ve witnessed an incredible technological evolution during the 40 years that Vicon has served the security market, but this shift toward networked systems is the most dramatic in terms of how it will reshape the industry. With the introduction of ViconNet 4.0, and particularly the Virtual Matrix Controller, Vicon now offers one of the most comprehensive solutions for integrated, IP-based video management. As the security industry continues its transition from digital to IP-based systems, we are pleased to be offering products that make use of leading-edge technology with real-world applications,” stated Bret McGowan, Vice President of Sales and Marketing.