Dedicated to Improving the Workplace Experience, Kensington Offers a Suite of Ergonomically Designed Products that Improve User Productivity Without Heavy Investment
Kensington®, observes the 14th National Ergonomics Month (NEM) in October. The Human Factors and Ergonomics Society designated this month as a time to highlight the work of those who are dedicated to bettering the lives of people around the world.
Ergonomics in the workplace are proven to benefit users and businesses. A review of 250 ergonomic case studies by the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries revealed the impact of ergonomics on business goals such as cost savings, productivity and product quality. Ergonomics have also been shown to create a safer environment and improve employee engagement.
With a holistic approach, Kensington offers a variety of adaptable products that build an ergonomically designed environment for users in professional and home office spaces. Its patented, simple color-coding SmartFit System® system eliminates the complication, confusion and high cost of creating safe, comfortable, ergonomic workstations.
- Kensington® SmartFit® Sit/Stand Desk (SKU# K52804, SRP $799.99) provides an efficient and safe way to convert a user’s desk into a healthy sit-stand workstation using a convenient desk-on-desk design. Sturdy and stable at any height, the SmartFit Sit/Stand Desk uses a pneumatic lift to effortlessly raise and lower the desk within a space-saving vertical footprint.
- Kensington® SmartFit® Solemate™ Plus Foot Rest (SKU# K52789, SRP $49.99) lets users adjust their foot rest to their personal comfort, promoting a stress-reducing seating position to support feet, legs and lower back. A large, non-skid surface provides great stability.
- Kensington® SmartFit® Conform™ Back Rest (SKU# K60412, SRP $59.99) lets users measure, adjust and fit the back rest to their ideal comfort level. Height is adjustable for customized lumbar support, and independent springs conform to fit different body shapes and articulate with a user’s posture.
- Kensington® ErgoSoft™ Wrist Rest for Mechanical & Gaming Keyboards (SKU# K52798, SRP $24.99) and Kensington ErgoSoft™ Wrist Rest for Slim, Compact Keyboards (SKU# K52801, SRP $15.99) both have an ultra-soft feel with a premium exterior supported by gel-cushioned padding to provide unmatched quality and comfort. The wrist rests are ergonomist approved to provide optimal health, comfort and protection through proper alignment, tailored dimensions, and unique curved design.
“Users come in all shapes and sizes, but workstations do not - employees have to fit into their work spaces, when it should be the other way around,” said Gwen Hsu, Senior Director of Global Product Management, Kensington. “Repetitive motion injuries alone are in the top 10 injury categories, with an annual cost of 2 billion dollars. A small investment in workplace ergonomics can yield significant returns in productivity by reducing fatigue, chronic injuries, insurance premiums, and even legal fees. Kensington’s SmartFit system was designed to improve the user experience, without having to invest in a professional assessment, lost IT time, or even tools. SmartFit is a simple 3-step system of measure, adjust and fit that allows users to adjust and fit in a matter of seconds, every time.”
- Images are available for download at: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm5ZtNNb
- See a demonstration of Kensington’s SmartFit System at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpdMnh3k12c
Tweet this: Learn about how Kensington’s holistic approach to #Ergo environments #Adaptability #NationalErgonomicsMonth - http://goo.gl/WL1UBY
Follow Kensington on:
Kensington is a leading provider of desktop and mobile device accessories, trusted by IT, educators, business and home office professionals around the world for more than 35 years. Kensington products empower people to dynamically interact with content, creating a better working experience for productive performance. In both office and mobile environments, Kensington’s extensive portfolio of award-winning products provides trusted security, desktop productivity innovations, and ergonomic well-being. Our core competencies in engineering, industrial design, product quality and responsive customer support make Kensington The Professionals’ Choice™.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions.