VideoNext Releases Security Knowledge Manager Version 2.4VideoNext announced version 2.4 of its flagship, web-based solution, Security Knowledge Manager. 8/09/2007 8:00 AM Eastern
VideoNext Releases Security Knowledge Manager Version 2.4
Aug 9, 2007 12:00 PM
VideoNext, a developer of innovative security management solutions, announced version 2.4 of its flagship, web-based solution, Security Knowledge Manager (SKM). With this upgraded software release, VideoNext offers new and improved features that bring IP-based video surveillance management to the next level.
“The 2.4 release of our Security Knowledge Manager incorporates a completely redesigned video retrieving engine, greatly increasing the efficiency of the application,” says David Marra, VideoNext’s chief technology officer. “This redesign provides the ability for a standard Intel server to manage nearly twice as many cameras and support an even larger variety of cameras and sensors than with our previous versions. Additionally, we’ve added overhauled credentialing and storage management modules to offer end users highly sophisticated and granular control over user management and video retention policies. The current security environment demands more cameras, longer storage durations and more advanced analytic capabilitiesSKM 2.4 meets and exceeds these requirements.”
In addition to the enhancements listed below, SKM 2.4 continues to adhere to an open standards-based, web architecture, allowing users to access and maintain the system from any connected and credentialed web browser.
New credentialing management features include:
- multi-layered credential management system providing easier system administration while delivering granular user permissions.
- crypto-hash-based login for increased logical security.
New media framework includes:
- media delivery through HTTP and RTSP, which maximizes bandwidth usage and optimizes delivery in heterogeneous environments.
- support for MJPEG/MPEG and PCM audio.
The new storage volume manager features:
- a database-driven event log, providing enhanced performance, usability, and archive management .
- enhanced storage volume manager that supports multi-layered event preservation, allowing event classification and granulated storage of events for maximum storage usage.
For more information, visit www.videonext.com.