In part two of his talk with Dave Whittaker of the Hollywood United Methodist Church, SVC contributing editor Bennett Liles discusses loudspeaker control, patchbay installation, and projection challenges. Whittaker also notes that with some skillful social engineering, quite a few useful items of equipment were donated from sound and video production firms in the Hollywood area. He takes us through the process he used to modify the equipment for its repurposed use at Hollywood UMC.
- The placement of Renkus-Heinz Iconyx 24 loudspeakers in the church
- The location of the church’s Renkus-Heinz IC7 loudspeakers
- The SymNet Express 8×8 Cobra DSP used for loudspeaker control
- How the Mackie Onyx Series mixer was interfaced with a custom patchbay
- The use of keystone correction on the Mitsubishi 500 series projectors.
Download Podcast Here: