These were the most-read Pro AV news stories of the week from the daily newsletter SVC Pro AV Today.
1, WATCH: Samsung SunnyFive fake window in action
The algorithm causes the simulated sunlight through the artificial window to progress through naturally through the day according to geo-location.
2. WATCH: Apple is reportedly working on 5G AR glasses
Called simply “Apple Glasses,” they are prescription glasses with smart powers and will reportedly integrate with Apple Watch.
3. The best password manager to use for 2020 (Clifford Colby, CNET)
Especially with WFH, please consider finding some time to button down your stuff.
4. IBC20 cancelled
Concerns about managing coronavirus risk hit another September event this time the annual IBC tradeshow in Amsterdam, the European counterpart to NAB, which was also cancelled earlier this year.
5. WATCH: University of Texas stadium in process
Construction continues as the Longhorns complete an impressive new stadium.
6. Shure and Q5X unveil Axient Digital transmitter for sports broadcasts
The partnership between Shure and a veteran athlete mic company produces CoachMic, PlayerMic, a waterproof AquaMic and a controller.
7. Disney disclaims all liability for COVID-19 to use their properties
In a sign of the times, Disney confirms that guests at their Disney-owned and sub-leased venues and properties assume all liability for “severe illness and death”
8. Yamaha unveils a trio of analog-only stereo Hi-Fi amps with VU meters
Beautiful new retro amps for your WFH set up.
9. Hollywood Bowl cancels entire season
More sad news for summer in LA and those whose livelihoods depend on it.
10. REVIEW: Elite Screens Yard Master outdoor projection screen (John Sciacca, Residential Systems)
My colleague at Resi reviews the Yard Master
Here’s how to get daily Pro AV news as curated by Cynthia Wisehart, editor of Sound & Video Contractor: