Pro AV news stories for the week ending February 21
A microphone jamming bracelet, The Grammys move to AoIP, new Biamp touchscreens, new Bose Work soundbar, new Crestron, DIY projects for router tables and speakers,
SUBSCRIBE TO PRO AV TODAY
These were the most-read Pro AV news stories of the week ending February 21, 2020 from the daily newsletter SVC Pro AV Today.
1. WATCH: Smart device microphone jammer bracelet prototype
Not quite as ugly as a tinfoil hat, but close. Interesting tech.
2. ISE attendance drops significantly (via SVC Online)
Down approximately 30% on coronavirus concerns.
3. WATCH: xlStudio turns Excel into a DAW (Cynthia Wisehart, SVC Online)
First he made an Excel drum machine, now an Excel DAW that you can download.
4. Your USB-C charger is more powerful than Apollo 11’s entire computer (Courtney Linder, Popular Mechanics)
Just some perspective and interesting data to remind you of computer power progress
5. WATCH: It’s possible to build a $30 desktop router table with just 3 tools (Robert Dalheim, Woodworking Network)
You may need this if you are currently making do with a handheld router.
6. Build your own speaker with this kit or just buy it (via What HIFi?)
7. The Grammys go AoIP with first time Dante network (via SVC Online)
Behind the scenes with the Grammy setup for audio over IP in the most digital Grammys yet. Welcome to the century.
8. Biamp launches family of sleek, touch enabled control interfaces (via TheWire@SVConline)
New industrial design and features for Biamp touchscreens
9. New Crestron DigitalMedia DMPS Lite is a simple solution for smaller rooms (via TheWire@SVConline)
Bringing DM to small spaces like huddles and small conference rooms.
10. Bose Work debuts beamsteering videoconference bar (via TheWire@SVConline)
They’re calling it a Video Bar; part of the new Bose Work initiative the company launched at ISE 2020
Here’s how to get daily Pro AV news as curated by Cynthia Wisehart, editor of Sound & Video Contractor: