Almo Professional A/V and ClearOne Strike New
Partnership to Expand Distribution of AV Solutions
Almo To Offer ClearOne Audio and Video Conferencing, Multimedia Streaming and Digital Signage Products; ClearOne Joins E4 AV Tour Starting With Expo in Baltimore July 26
Philadelphia, PA — July 24, 2013 — Almo Professional A/V and ClearOne (NASDAQ: CLRO) today announced a new distribution agreement that gives Almo partners access to ClearOne’s software-based video conferencing solutions, select audio conferencing products, multimedia streaming, and digital signage. ClearOne has joined the Almo E4 AV Tour and will exhibit this week at the E4 Expo Mid-Atlantic near Baltimore on July 26 at Turf Valley Resort in Ellicott, MD.
“ClearOne has proven its pioneering leadership in audio conferencing and now provides a complete portfolio, adding innovative solutions including: video conferencing, professional microphones, multimedia streaming and digital signage — these are exactly the areas where our partners are finding the most profitable business opportunities,” said Sam Taylor, executive vice president and COO for Almo Professional A/V. “We are especially looking forward to bringing ClearOne’s COLLABORATEA® video conferencing solutions to our partners. In addition, ClearOne’s presence on the E4 AV tour is a great way to provide immediate exposure to our channel community both at the Mid-Atlantic Expo this week and as our tour continues this fall on the west and east coasts.”
Taylor added that Rob Ziv, business development manager and broadcast expert for Almo Pro A/V, will take the lead on technical training, managing the exchange of information, and integrating the ClearOne products into multiple partners’ installations.
“Almo Pro A/V is the fastest-growing AV distributor in the U.S., specializing in many key vertical markets for ClearOne solutions,” said Zee Hakimoglu, Chairman and CEO of ClearOne. “With a long-standing history in the AV industry and CTS-certified sales team, Almo’s support is well-recognized, which makes them a trusted source for their entire community of top resellers and integrators throughout the country.”
ClearOne products now available through Almo Pro A/V include:
• COLLABORATE Software-Based Video Conferencing Products: A complete portfolio featuring desktop video applications, room systems, infrastructure and management solutions. COLLABORATE offers more flexibility, scalability and upgradability at a significantly lower price-point than traditional hardware-based solutions.
• Media Carts: Play a key role in making equipment easy to access, as well as providing mobility, making it more convenient to conference. Each media cart solution is designed to be highly durable and functional, while also providing the style and elegance required for the most sophisticated settings.
• INTERACTA® AT Audio Conferencing Systems: A complete unified communications conference room solution with flexibility in mind. The INTERACT AT delivers exceptional audio performance at an affordable price and includes all the necessary audio equipment and peripherals, providing state-of-the-art HDConferenceA® audio quality for popular audio, web, UC and video conferencing apps.
• Wireless Microphone System: Provides the freedom and clean installation of a wireless solution with the flexibility to expand up to 32 channels and the security of full 256-bit encryption. Four professional wireless microphone options are now available: tabletop, gooseneck, handheld, and belt-pack with clip-on lavalier or single-ear headset mics.
• Multimedia Streaming & Distribution: VIEWA®, the ClearOne brand for commercial multimedia streaming and control, deliver a superior A/V experience by streaming high definition audio, video and control over TCP/IP LAN networks. By combining audio and/or video content, meta-data and control signals into one stream over existing Internet Protocol LAN networks, ClearOne’s patented StreamNetA® solutions enable The Power of AV over IPâ„¢ for enterprise multimedia streaming.
• Digital Signage Solutions: MagicBoxA® digital signage is scaled and optimized for corporate or light commercial environments with entry-level solutions for comprehensive content management and cloud-based solutions, which allow control of an entire signage network from any web browser at any location. Complete, scalable, turnkey digital signage solutions easily grow with business needs for broadcast or HD applications.
E4 Expo Mid-Atlantic/Baltimore, MD
E4 Expo Mid- Atlantic is being held on Friday, July 26 at Turf Valley Resort in Ellicott City, MD from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. It is entirely free, including parking, to Almo Pro A/V’s reseller, integrator and consultant partners. To register, go to
Launched in December 2009, The E4 AV tour is a free, full-day program with an intense educational focus that allows partners to earn valuable InfoComm International CTS RUs while networking with the industry’s top manufacturers. The E4 AV Tour will continue this fall with stops at the Hyatt Regency in Irvine, Calif. on October 18 and the Meadowlands Expo Center in the New York area on November 13.
# # #
About Almo Professional A/V
Almo Professional A/V provides the industry’s most advanced product distribution, training and education, and technical support options available for the Pro AV community. With a highly skilled sales team, reseller education programs, seven distribution centers across the U.S. and product lines for the Pro A/V channel, Almo Professional A/V provides customers with the full distribution experience on a local and a personal level. Almo Professional A/V is a division of Almo Corp., the nation’s leading independent distributor of consumer electronics and major appliances. For more information about Almo Professional A/V, please call 410-560-2890 or go to
. Almo Professional A/V can also be followed on Twitter at
and on Facebook at
ClearOne is a global company that designs, develops and sells conferencing, collaboration, streaming and digital signage solutions for audio and visual communications. The performance and simplicity of its advanced comprehensive solutions offer unprecedented levels of functionality, reliability and scalability. More information about the company can be found at
*All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.