ORLANDO, FL – June 17, 2015 – At InfoComm 2015, AMX®, a HARMAN professional brand, continued to blaze the trail in architectural connectivity by introducing the AMX HydraPort® Touch, combining the award-winning AMX HydraPort with an ultra-slim AMX Modero® S Series Touch Panel. The sleek, compact touch panel folds to hide into tables, saving precious table space, and eliminating clutter. To support the very latest AV and networking standards, AMX also introduced several new HydraPort retractable, power outlet, and source selection solutions, including its new HydraPort MyTurn Source Selectors.
To provide another efficient and great looking way to connect and control devices in rooms with limited table space, the new HydraPort Touch integrates a HydraPort chassis with a 10″ or 7″ Modero S Touch Panel. When closed, the unit sits flush with the table top to keep the meeting space neat and clean. To ensure an enterprise-quality experience, the HydraPort Touch combines an ultra-thin panel design with strong, high quality materials. A spring-assisted hinge assures precision smooth opening and closing, every time. The wide range of control and automation possibilities that come with the integration of a full-featured, Modero S Touch Panel make the HydraPort Touch an architectural connectivity solution like no other.
Leading the new HydraPort module advances, the HydraPort Retractable Cable Module (RCM) and standalone cable families were significantly upgraded and expanded to include six new cables to support a range of new signaling standards.
- USB 3.0 – AMX is proud to support the USB 3.0 standard, giving HydraPort users unprecedented access to connected meeting room technology. The new USB 3.0 RCM offers users the utmost in convenience by empowering a single laptop connection to access all of a meeting room’s connected audio, video and Ethernet connected devices.
- 4K60 HDMI, DisplayPort, and Mini DisplayPort – Three new 4K60 digital video RCMs provide a future-proof video connection to support the transmission of 4K video content at 60 frames per second with throughput bandwidth of up to 18Gbps, the highest transmission quality available today.
- Cat6 Ethernet – The new Ethernet RCM is upgraded to the Cat6 standard to enable compliance with end-to-end infrastructure cabling requirements.
- VGA – Now MyTurn-ready with a striking, new industrial design.
To ensure HydraPort users are able to quickly share their source content onscreen during collaboration sessions, AMX introduced its new MyTurn Source Selector solution. With a simple press of a MyTurn button, meeting participants are able to switch the display to show their source content. To further support the needs of a growing enterprise, the MyTurn solution can be scaled beyond the competition with up to eight simultaneous users supported with each receiver deployed. When used with an AMX Solecis Digital Switcher, MyTurn offers a simple switching solution that can be implemented with no programming. All of the new HydraPort RCMs and standalone cables are MyTurn-ready.
To continue its commitment to make HydraPort internationally specifiable, AMX is introducing a new Multi-Region Power Module to provide support for 14 of the 15 global power plug types. Additionally, newly announced region-specific power modules for Brazil (Type N) and Europe (Type E with Grounding Pin) are certified for local use in these countries.
To ensure cabling success with AMX Architectural Connectivity solutions, AMX announces the new HDMI 4K60 Extender, which offers additional installation flexibility by enabling users to extend HydraPort HDMI, DisplayPort and Mini-DisplayPort RCMs or standalone cables to a display, up to an additional 10 meters, with no loss of signal quality.
Rounding out the new additions to the HydraPort family is the new Two-Button Source Selection Keypad Module. This new module enables users to easily switch to a specific device when pressed. The buttons are color coded and numbered to match similarly colored tags that clip onto the end of the cable where it plugs into the source device, making it easy to identify which button selects which source.
For more details AMX invites you to visit HARMAN Professional Booth #2218 at InfoComm 2015 or these online locations:
- Watch the Video
- HydraPort Product Details (specifications, images, videos and more)HydraPort Touch Connection Port with 10.1″ PanelHydraPort Touch Connection Port with 7″ PanelHydraPort USB 3.0 Module with Retractable MyTurn CableHydraPort Single 4K60 HDMI Module with Retractable MyTurn CableHydraPort 4K60 DisplayPort Module with Retractable MyTurn CableHydraPort 4K60 Mini DisplayPort Module with Retractable MyTurn CableHydraPort Cat6 Ethernet Module with Retractable My Turn CableHydraPort RGB with Stereo Module with Retractable MyTurn CableHydraPort MyTurn Source Selector ButtonHydraPort MyTurn Source Selector Receiver
- Architectural Connectivity End User Spotlight Site
- Marketing Sheet from 2015 Summer Pocket Guide featuring all InfoComm Announcements
- New AMX Products Just Announced
- Visit the AMX Newsroom for all AMX Press Releases.
- Visit AMX.com Business, Education, Government and Residential and Trade Websites.
About AMX by HARMAN
Founded in 1982 and acquired by HARMAN in 2014, AMX® (www.amx.com) is dedicated to integrating AV solutions for an IT World. AMX solves the complexity of managing technology with reliable, consistent and scalable systems comprising control and automation, system-wide switching and AV signal distribution, digital signage and technology management. AMX systems are deployed worldwide in conference rooms, homes, classrooms, network operation/command centers, hotels, entertainment venues and broadcast facilities, among others.
HARMAN (www.harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for consumers, automakers, and enterprises worldwide, including audio, visual and infotainment systems; enterprise automation solutions; and software services. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. HARMAN also is a technology and integration services leader for the Automotive, Mobile, Telecommunications and Enterprise markets. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and infotainment systems. The Company’s software solutions power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated, personalized, adaptive and secure across all platforms, from the work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 25,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $5.9 billion during the last 12 months ended March 31, 2015. The Company’s shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR.