San Diego, California — DVEO®, a leading TV/OTT equipment supplier, announced today that their playout server for live and scheduled content is a recipient of the Future Best of Show Award, presented at the 2019 NAB Show by Sound & Video Contractor. The PLAYSERVER™ 12ch HD-SDI is a one to twelve channel playout server with scheduled ad splicing, ad overlay, traffic system interface, emergency alerts on all channels, etc.
Sound & Video Contractor’s Best of Show Awards are evaluated by a panel of engineers and industry experts, and are selected based on innovation, feature set, cost efficiency and performance in serving the industry. Winners receive an award for display and will be featured in Sound & Video Contractor, the definitive technical resource for integrators, contractors, dealers and consultants.
The PLAYSERVER™ 12ch HD-SDI is a cost effective “Channels in a Box” integrated playout system with scheduled or triggered content playout. It inserts ads and video clips into live or stored video content, with graphics, text, or logo overlays for up to twelve outgoing video streams. It’s ideal for public, education, government, and houses of worship users who distribute HD or SD content on multiple channels.
The remotely manageable system downloads premium content, commercials, public announcements, and other clips via IP and inserts them into programming. It also scales incoming video to add graphics to the side and bottom of the screen.
“We are proud to receive the Best of Show award from Future and Sound & Video Contractor. This is one of the most prestigious awards in the AV industry,” commented Laszlo Zoltan, CEO of DVEO. “The PLAYSERVER 12ch HD-SDI is ideal for content originators and other users who want to play out multiple channels at the same time. In addition to managing scheduled playout, it features seamless splices and can add text and graphics overlays on all twelve channels in real time. DVEO also creates custom versions to meet customers’ requests.”
“We are proud to celebrate the growing presence of Pro AV at the NAB Show,” adds Sound & Video Contractor editor Cynthia Wisehart. “These products demonstrate a focus on the AV industry and a serious effort to provide features and innovation for our users. Congratulations to the engineers, designers, product managers and executives involved.”
The PLAYSERVER is also available in a system with three SD-SDI channels and one HD channel, or as a single HD-SDI channel system for use in broadcast applications.
Additional applications for the PLAYSERVER include scheduled video playout for corporate training, adding diagrams or messages to educational presentations, or adding text and graphics to video at live events.
The PLAYSERVER is also available in a system with four HD-SDI channels, or as a single HD-SDI channel system.
Supplemental Information for Press Release
* Supports preroll, midroll, and postroll Ad Insertion via Splice, Overlay, or Squeeze
* Inserts or overlays graphical ads, video clips, logos, graphics, CG, scrolling text, and emergency alerts into live and stored video feeds on a schedule or via Contact Closures
* Works with most fonts: Chinese, Arabic, Indian, etc. via Unicode interface
* HD or SD SDI on any or all channels
* Secure Remote Scheduling from anywhere via Web Interface
* Generates playlists for time-shifted content that includes all national ads, local ads and content in pre, post, and mid-roll spot
* Built in intelligence makes scheduling easy
* Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480i, and all standard broadcast resolutions
* Features daily, weekly, and monthly schedule-based logos, alerts, and text insertion
* Arbitrary location for graphics
* Choose from static, rotating, or blinking graphics, logos, and text
* Supports AD inventories, logs Ad plays, and generates Proof of Play list
* Creates crawling messages and emergency alerts with programmable fonts and background colors, in any language
* Inserts Open/Closed Captions from .srt, .stl, 608 and 708 standards
* Programmable video transitions (fade, flip, etc.) from one clip to the next
* Creates Real Time Clock display in programmable fonts and colors
* Displays remaining and next advertisement time in output video
* Overlays playing now/playing next event information
* Scales input video from 10% to 100% and overlay on graphics – Ideal for EPG
* Overlays animating PNG files and scales Input Video from 10% to 100% – Ideal for L-Wrap and transparent overlays. Video squeezes.
* Select any degree of transparency
* Easy drag and drop placement to position logo, text, or graphics on screen
* News feeds from RSS in any language, with programmable fonts and background colors
* Able to mask entire screen with a static image in case of video input failure
* Template based character generator
* EAS support is standard
* SLATE function puts up an Empty Background on which you can type messages
* Comprehensive Customization to your needs is possible
* Stores and manages Content, Ads, Messages, and Graphics clips, on local RAID – Optional RAID 1 and 5 configurations available
* Supports SCTE 104 and optional analog Cue Tone Detection
Suggested Retail Prices:
PLAYSERVER 12ch HD-SDI: $32,995 U.S.
PLAYSERVER 1ch HD 3ch SD-SDI: $15,995 U.S.
PLAYSERVER HD-SDI 1ch: $8,995 U.S.
DVEO and PLAYSERVER are trademarks of Computer Modules, Inc.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
DVEO is a well established, privately held entity headquartered in San Diego, California, since 2001. DVEO develops and sells broadcast quality video encoding and streaming products, media servers and ad insertion solutions to leading Telco TV/OTT and cable operators around the world. The DVEO solutions enable multi-screen service delivery to any device, anytime, anywhere in the world. Deployment models include turnkey installations and cloud-based service delivery. All solutions are built on Linux OS and Intel Xeon-based platforms to ensure 24×7 reliability, and feature DVEO-developed software for maximum flexibility and upgradability, ensuring long term investment protection. These ultra-reliable products are matched by valuable pre-sales consultancy, outstanding post-sales service and support, and — not least — unusual affordability.
For more information on DVEO, please contact Rebecca Gray at +1 (858) 613-1818 or [email protected] To download the DVEO press releases and product images, visit the news section at www.dveo.com.
DVEO®, 11409 West Bernardo Court, San Diego, California, 92127
Web: www.dveo.com phone: +1 (858) 613-1818, fax: +1 (858) 613-1815