Big button interface provides one-touch operation of even the most complicated home theater system
DENVER, COLORADO – September 6, 2007 – Niles Audio Corporation, The First Name in Custom InstallationA®, today announced the introduction of the
, an easy to use, simple to install, advanced home theater automation system. The iC2 consists of two components, an elegant user interface with large easy to see buttons and a main system unit that manages all other components in a home theater system including television, home theater receiver and up to 14 additional sources like digital video recorders, DVD players and cable/satellite receivers. The iC2 system has a flexible architecture that accommodates virtually any home theater design and is equipped with ZigBeeA® wireless technology to ensure consistently reliable operation of complicated system turn-on/set-up procedures from the touch of a single button. With the Niles iC2 system, custom installation professionals can now offer their clients rewarding home theater viewing experiences that anyone in the family can access from an intuitive user interface. Even young children and seniors will enjoy home theater with none of the hassles associated with synchronizing and operating increasingly complicated home theater systems.
“We targeted a growing segment of customers who prefer an easy-to-see button-based wireless remote that automates even the most complicated home theaters with a single touch,” said Frank Sterns, president of Niles. “Now anyone in the family can operate the most complicated home theater from a single tactile user interface,” Sterns added.
The iC2 Home Theater Automation and Control System has the added advantage of being simple to set up and install by professional integrators. The main system unit, which houses all component commands and issues them in the appropriate sequence, is programmed easily via Niles QuickConfig™ wizard-based software. During system configuration, the installer answers a series of logical questions after which the system is automatically configured and transferred to the main system unit via Niles IRCS Infrared Capture Station. QuickConfig saves installers time on the job and reduces their learning curve, both of which lead to improved productivity. The iC2 Home Theater Automation and Control System and QuickConfig software are on display at the CEDIA Expo in Booth 606 and will be available in November 2007.
• The MSRP for the iC2 is $995.95
• The iC2 is an easy to use, simple to install, advanced home theater automation and control system
• The iC2 system includes two components: a table-top tactile user interface and a main system unit
• The iC2 system is targeted for individuals who prefer an easy to see tactile user interface that can be configured to operate sophisticated home theater systems from a single button press
• The iC2 system utilizes ZigBee wireless technology to ensure consistently reliable operation
• System setup is accomplished in minimal time using Quick-Config Wizard-based software
• iC2 integrates large lighted buttons, one-touch master key operation and an ergonomic design, making the system a compelling alternative to multiple remote controls or other complicated systems using nested menu operation
Niles Audio Corporation, based in Miami, is a 29-year-old company recognized as the First Name in Custom InstallationA®. As a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of audio/video custom installation products, Niles Audio is guided by seven principles: a commitment to reliable, high-performance, application-specific product design, a complete and up-to-date product assortment with just-in-time delivery, extensive training and technical support, exemplary customer service and strong dealer relationships. Niles is a brand based on strength, reliability and outstanding performance with a wide range of award-winning, innovative products.
Additional information may be obtained by contacting Mike Detmer at Niles Audio Corporation, 12331 SW 130th Street, Miami, FL 33186 (1-800-BUY-HIFI; ext. 197) or by visiting