The American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS) International has movedits headquarters to 1625 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314; phone:703-519-6200; fax: 703-519-6299. The organization has also released itsExecutive Referral Service (ERS) program on the Internet. designed to servethe employment needs of professional security practitioners. The ERS isaccessible 24 hours a day through ASIS Online (www.asisonline.org) to ASISmembers seeking new employment opportunities and companies seeking toexpand their current professional security staff.
* In its efforts to upgrade all parts of the CEBus Home Automation Standardinto American National Standards, the Consumer Electronics ManufacturersAssociation (CEMA), a sector of the Electronic Industries Association(EIA), published the first 12 standards in the ANSI/EIA-600 series.
* The following persons were elected to the 1997-98 executive committee ofthe Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association (CEDA): MitchellKlein, president; Steve Hayes, vice president; Sean Fields, treasurer; TomWells, secretary and Keith Rich, past president.
* Officers elected to the Home Automation Association are: William Maronet,chairman; Ken Kerr, president; Mike Cogbill, vice president and RichardScholl, secretary/treasurer. Members elected to the board of directorsinclude: Thomas Callahan, David Hanchelte, John Mack, Patricia Parks, TimShriver and Rick Thompson.
* Kim Doyle is director of membership development and communications forthe National Systems Contractors Association (NSCA).
* ICIA has named Rick Harris vice president of marketing and membershipservices and presented Scott Sharer of Communications Design Group,Savannah, GA, its Educator of the Year award.
* The Educational Communications Foundation (ECF) has appointed RichardDressner executive director.
Media Peavey, president of Peavey Electronics, Meridian, MS, died Saturday,March 7, 1998, of a cardiac arrest caused by a diabetic coma. She was laidto rest on Monday, March 9, in her native town of Meridian. Melia and herhusband, Hartley, have two sons, Joe and Marc.
Melia began her career at Peavey in 1972. She is known for her work withabused children, her dedication to literacy in the workplace and herinvolvement in various educational programs. As an internationally knownspeaker, Melia has addressed such distinguished groups as the SouthernGovernor's Association and the National Small Business Administration.
Melia's leadership in her community was truly legendary. She was a memberof 19 different boards and advisory councils in Mississippi, and receivednumerous awards and distinctions, among them the Republican SenatorialMedal of Freedom in 1994, which is the highest honor a member of the U.S.Senate can bestow.
Family and friends are asked to make donations to Peavey House, the homeMelia founded for abused and neglected children, in lieu of flowers.Contributions may be mailed to Peavey House, P.O. Box 2898, Meridian, MS39302.
Owen Barclay has been named director of sales and marketing at MarleeElectronics, Philadelphia.
* John Mosebar is government business manager and Hazel Johnston isgovernment business assistant at Aiphone Intercom Systems, Bellevue, WA.
* Rocco Ferraro joins Sennheiser Electronic, Old Lyme, CT, as manager offinance and administration.
* Among the recent appointments made at Quantegy, Peachtree City, GA, are:Alex Sorokin, president and CEO; Tony D. Wilson, vice president of salesand customer service for the United States and Canada and product supportengineers Roberto Fernandez and David Williamson.
* Eric Oppenheimer has been appointed to the position of product supportfor the audio division at Group One Ltd., Farmingdale, NY.
* Don Patrican is vice president of marketing and sales, Robert Carr isNortheast district sales manager, Don H. Van Norman is mid-Atlanticdistrict sales manager and K. John Hall is Midwest district sales managerat the Maxell Corporation of America, Fair Lawn, NJ.
* Jason Frenchman has joined Griffin Public Relations & Marketing, NewYork, as an account executive.
* Adrian Charlton is sales manager for ENCO Systems, Farmington Hills, MI.
* Gregg Perry has been appointed director of advertising and publicrelations at Mackie Designs, Woodinville, WA.
* Ole Bek is president of Bang & Olufsen America.
* Rob Crane is national sales manager and head of the expanded CCTVdivision management team at Tamron Industries, Farmingdale, NY.
* Buzz Goodwin is vice president of sales and Bruce Forbes is vicepresident of product and market development at CTI Audio.
* Dennis Rice is associate principal, Katerina Bergeron Verdier and MatthewB. Jones are senior consultants and Timothy Schmidt is consultant atPaoletti Associates, San Francisco.
* John Gregory joins Audio Visual Innovations, Tampa, FL, as senior systemssales engineer.
* Peter B. Tarlton has been named systems product manager at Wheelock, LongBranch, NJ.
* Pablo Espinosa is customer service manager and Stewart Bennett is Midwestregional sales representative for Meyer Sound, Berkeley, CA.
* Oscar A. Ciornei is chief operating officer at Russound, Newmarket, NH.
* John Cosenza has been promoted to western regional sales manager atSierra Video Systems, Grass Valley, CA.
* Steve Alexander is vice president of sales and marketing at PHAST, SaltLake City.
* Joel R. Rollins joins Riverview Systems Group, San Jose, CA, as generalmanager.
* Ian Chambers is executive vice president and chief operating officer atFiber Options, Bohemia, NY.
* John Seda heads the artist relations program at Audix, Wilsonville, OR.
* Robert E. Heaton has been named to the board of directors at BlonderTongue Laboratories, Old Bridge, NJ.
* Allan R. Lamberti has been elected to the board of directors and namedgeneral manager at ELMO Manufacturing, New Hyde Park, NY.
* Paul Franklin is systems engineer with Glantre Engineering, Reading,Berkshire, UK.
* William Craft joins THAT Corporation, Marlborough, MA, as vice presidentof marketing and sales.
* John Garbutt is western regional sales manager at Community ProfessionalLoudspeakers, Chester, PA.
Image Communications, a distributor of commercial and presidential A- Vproducts, has added Radian, Selenium Loudspeakers and University Sound toits line. Image is based in Bedford Park, IL.
* Meyer Marketing, Royal Palm Beach, FL, is the 1997 representative of theyear for JBL Professional, Northridge, CA.
* Community Professional Loudspeakers, Chester, PA, has opened a salesoffice in Shenzen, China, to assist in the design of large-scale audiosystems for stadiums, arenas and theme parks.
* ADI, a wholesale distributor of security, low-voltage and structuredcabling products, has opened its 100th branch location at 4731 S. Memorial,Tulsa, OK 74145; phone: 918-663-2822; fax: 918-663-2803. ADI is based inSyosset, NY.
* Four Corners Marketing, Boulder, CO, was named sales representative firmof the year by D.A.S. Audio, Old Lyme, CT.
* SCV London is the exclusive UK audio software distributor for SonicFoundry, Madison, WI.
* Daisytek International, Plano, TX, and Brooke Distribution, Miami, willcarry CD-R and CD-RW disc media by Ricoh Electronics, Tustin, CA.
* Vishay Intertechnology, Malverin, PA, will market the current and futureportfolio of Bel Fuse products. Vishay will purchase Bel's fuse productsand market them with the Vishay label through its own distribution network.
* Audio Biz, Wauconda, IL, is the 1997 U.S. representative of the year forShure Brothers, Evanston, Il.
* J.B. Stanton Communications, Norfolk, CT, is the public relations agencyfor TARA Labs.
* Crescendo Associates, Hollywood, FL, will represent Auralex, Fishers, IN.in FL, Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.
* SMARTHOUSE, a Releigh, NC-based distributor of home automation products,has added ETC of West Palm Beach, FL, to its dealer network.