Disney has just unveiled new details of the company’s newest ship – the 4000 passenger Disney Wish – showcasing new spaces and experiences coming to Disney cruise experiences in summer 2022.
In the special 30-minute virtual presentation below Disney’s cruise director Ashley Long gives a sneak peekincluding a look behind-the-scenes with Walt Disney Imagineers and the creative team bringing the Disney Wish to life.
The first at-sea attraction will be the AquaMouse which tucks into onboard entertainment that includes six pools, three new fine dining options, an Aladdin musical, a fully enclosed sports arena, a Marvel superhero academy for kids and a Star Wars lounge for adults.
The AquaMouse attraction will feature a new animated Mickey Mouse short called Scuba Scramble. A 760-foot water slide will take you all around the top deck and include interactive water elements, audio, video, lighting, show scenes and special effects.
The new Disney cruise liner will include three adult-exclusive dining options all inspired by Beauty and the Beast. These include The Rose lounge; Palo Steakhouse (which has theming inspired by Cogsworth) and Enchante (inspired by Lumiere) with food created by 3 Michelin Star Chef Arnaud Lallement.
The Star Wars Hyperspace Lounge is another adult area. Designed to look like a luxury spaceship, it will feature faux views from the “windows” showing Star Wars locales like Tattooine, Batuu and Mustafar.
Disney Wish will also have three new family restaurants:
- Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure, which will serve foods with a Nordic influence and include character performances while you eat. The restaurant invites you to attend the engagement celebration of Anna and Kristoff.
- Worlds of Marvel, an interactive dining experience where you’ll be served African foods to represent Wakanda, Eastern European cuisine as an homage to Sokovia and dining options from New York City, where the Avengers are headquartered.
- 1923, which is themed out as a 1920s Hollywood experience representing Walt Disney’s heyday and serving a California fusion menu.
Here’s what’s new on Disney Wish as part of the Oceaneer Club for kids:
- Marvel superhero academy: An onboard Avengers headquarters
- Fairytale Hall: This area will include Belle’s Library, Anna and Elsa’s summer house and Rapunzel’s art class
- Imagineering classes, where kids can learn how to design their own roller coaster
Staterooms will be decorated after fairytale characters like Cinderella and Ariel, with custom artwork displayed.
Disney’s greenest cruise liner will be powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG). It will sail out of Port Canaveral, Florida, but Disney has not yet said where it’s sailing — including whether it will voyage to Disney’s new island in the Bahamas.
Bookings open May 27, 2021, with the maiden voyage set for June 9, 2022.